Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Dollywood!

Drag your harness? I don't get it. lol

You have a harness on, and you have to clip your safety line onto the mountain. Its very cool looking and hopefully will be able to get up there again next year.

You have a harness on, and you have to clip your safety line onto the mountain. Its very cool looking and hopefully will be able to get up there again next year.

I really dont like adventure mountain. It takes so much space of the wilderness area I was hoping for a rollercoaster.

The zip line is expensive !!!

Last edited:
I really dont like adventure mountain. It takes so much space of the wilderness area I was hoping for a rollercoaster.

The zip line is only 40$ a person, that's really cheap. Most other zip lines are twice that for a single line, Dollywood has 5.

It's 100% worth it.

Also, Dollywood still has room for expansion. Personally, I'd love a launching coaster that shoots off into the woods and isn't seen again until it returns, Beast style.

I'm not fantastic with official coaster names. What's a terrain hyper?

I just meant a terrain coaster in the form of a B&M hyper coaster. A terrain roller coaster is one whose crests, valleys, turns, and the like follow, for the most part, the contours of the ground they lie on. They are much more thrilling and beautiful than one that's plopped down on a parking lot.

Examples: Apollo's Chariot, Alpengeist, Boulder Dash, Wildfire, Great Bear, Nemesis...

Last edited:
Ah, ok. I don't know if Dollywood would ever do anything with B&M. They usually tend to chose lesser known things that people haven't seen before. Mystery Mine, for example, was the first Eurofighter in the states. I think... I'm not 100% sure.

i wouldnt be surprised that dollywood got a barn swing like silver dollar city
-update- decemerists now i know what you mean now i love dollywood after i visted this last time dollywood is my new favorite park right after islands of adventure :happy:

Last edited:
New ride for 2011: Barnstormer

http://www.dollywood.com/land/barnstormer/default.html

This is from the teaser video:
barnstormer.PNG

It's a "Scremin' Swing" type ride, according to Wikipedia. There's one at Cedar Point called SkyHawk and I LOVE IT. I'm really excited that Dollywood's adding another thrill ride.

Last edited:
[video=youtube;6wjHqE-I78c]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6wjHqE-I78c&feature=related[/video]

It's very exciting, as you can see. I'm wondering how Dollywood will properly theme this ride. Obviously, it's themed after a barn, but will they hide those big ugly supports by making it one giant barn? I find this doubtful, considering the height. Time will tell...

Took my first visit to Dollywood this past week. Nice park and was different than I expected and a bit smaller too. But the fact that they had a little magic shop, some awesome scenary and the smoothest vekoma I have ever been on alone makes it a fun park.

Also, as others have said in the past. Blazin' Fury FTW.

umm splatter not to be mean but dollywood doesnt have a vekoma it has a arrow dynamics coaster called tennessee tornado if that is what you mean
and i cant wait for the barnstormer this will just make dollywood even better:happy:

I dont like that "Scremin' Swing" type ride because it looks like it belongs in a fair. The should have built an Inverted roller, like Montu in Bush Gardens Tampa.

Last edited:
Looks like they're replacing Dreamland Forrest with the new Farm-themed area. It's not going to be as big as Skyhawk (that's 125-feet, this is more in line with Lake Compounce/Kennywood/Silver Dollar City's version of the ride).

So who else who's been agrees that Slidewinder is the most terrifying ride you've ever been on at a major theme park?

I hate to pick on the fatties, but when my family of four got on that rubber raft and then a lofty couple joined us... I thought we were going to fly off the freaking slide. We went airborne on the final drop.

I love that ride. Dollywood better not ever get rid of it.