Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Dollywood!

I'm pretty sure in a few years they are going to add another roller coaster - maybe a whole new area - up where the train loop is located. I randomly saw a video on youtube of someone riding the train about a year ago, and the inside of the loop had no trees at all!

I think it would be pretty cool if they were to add an area that you could only get to by train or those sky bucket thingies.

Whatever Dollywood adds next, I hope they don't get rid of so many trees as they did for the last new section they added. Not only is it rediculously hot with no shading, it feels Barron and definitely not as pretty as the crafstman's valley.

Holy nun-flipping flap jacks! The "Sky Zip" attraction at Dollywood is by far the greatest theme park attraction I have ever experienced! It beats anything available at Disney for sure. If you ever get the chance to go to Dollywood, DO THIS!!!

I'll have lots of pictures up soon!
(eventually... ^_^)

PICTURES... YAY!!!

weeeeee! That's meeeeeee!
9925_180507196423_500361423_3856570_6420953_n.jpg

and that would be The Tennessee Tornado... viewed from the Sky Zip trail...
9925_180530891423_500361423_3856721_2276169_n.jpg

and I'll put up more pictures.... eventually....

Last edited:
I feel like Dollywood deserves some attention, because I love that theme park... so here's a video of Thunderhead:
[video=youtube;c2MCePgndRc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c2MCePgndRc&feature=related[/video]

I guess this thread is completely pointless, seeing as how all you fancy Orlando folk have a crap ton of amazingly themed amusement parks.

Well, suck on this:

adventure_mountain_advertisement_109-784127.jpg

I like Dollywood better than the Magic Kingdom (oh yes, I just went there).

I guess this thread is completely pointless, seeing as how all you fancy Orlando folk have a crap ton of amazingly themed amusement parks.

Well, suck on this:

adventure_mountain_advertisement_109-784127.jpg

I like Dollywood better than the Magic Kingdom (oh yes, I just went there).

That actually sounds like a lot of fun! I'd love to check out Dollywood, if I ever find myself up that way.......

That actually sounds like a lot of fun! I'd love to check out Dollywood, if I ever find myself up that way.......

For sure. Their SkyZip attraction (for an additional fee) is the best attraction I've ever experienced anywhere.

Dollywood has evolved into quite a lovely theme park for both thrill seekers and, well.... um... whatever you'd call someone that enjoys the other attractions (shows, shops, etc)

That looks pretty terrifying. So does SkyZip. These aren't extra $$ and involve waiver forms?

Anyways, I can't wait to get there. I just haven't found decent airfare. How about you guys?

That looks pretty terrifying. So does SkyZip. These aren't extra $$ and involve waiver forms?

Anyways, I can't wait to get there. I just haven't found decent airfare. How about you guys?

SkyZip was made last year and does require a waiver and an additional fee.

While Adventure Mountain does follow in the footsteps of SkyZip- but as a more kid-friendly type attraction- I'm pretty sure it's free.

And as for airfare, I have no clue. I live about 3 hours away, so we only drive (which is beautiful if you take the back roads).

It looks like you spoke to soon about this thread being pointless :lol:. I'm surprised I haven't seen this thread before. Dollywood is probably one of my favorite parks out there. The lines seem nonexistant and the rides are great. Mystery Mine was crazy the first time I rode it and Thunderhead is most likely my favorite wooden coaster.

Is Sky Zip as scary and tall as it seems? It was still being built when I was last there.

It looks like you spoke to soon about this thread being pointless :lol:. I'm surprised I haven't seen this thread before. Dollywood is probably one of my favorite parks out there. The lines seem nonexistant and the rides are great. Mystery Mine was crazy the first time I rode it and Thunderhead is most likely my favorite wooden coaster.

Is Sky Zip as scary and tall as it seems? It was still being built when I was last there.

I got my parents to do it, if that helps any. We signed up for it online before we left. Once we saw how high the second zip-line is (first one is a training zip-line about 15 feet high), my parents got really nervous (BEST part of the trip right there :lol:). Heck, I was pretty nervous myself, too- in a fun, thrilling sort of way (it was my birthday, so I got to go first and everyone in my group sang happy birthday to me right before I jumped). It's basically like a big roller coaster: after the first one, your ok with doing it again- in fact, you WANT to do it again!

I got my parents to do it, if that helps any. We signed up for it online before we left. Once we saw how high the second zip-line is (first one is a training zip-line about 15 feet high), my parents got really nervous (BEST part of the trip right there :lol:). Heck, I was pretty nervous myself, too- in a fun, thrilling sort of way (it was my birthday, so I got to go first and everyone in my group sang happy birthday to me right before I jumped). It's basically like a big roller coaster: after the first one, your ok with doing it again- in fact, you WANT to do it again!

Good to hear. The only zipline I've had the opportunity to take place in riding was in someone's backyard and it was only about 20 or 25 feet tall. It was definitely fun but it's nowhere even close to Dollywood's. I'm sure once I try it I would love it but it's the first time through that would scare me.

Now that Dollywood is open for the 2010 season, the new Adventure Mountain is open. There's a good review with photos over at TPR here. It looks a lot better than I thought and it's themed well. Plan on checking this out Decemberists?

A group of friends from high school and I are trying to figure out a place and time to have a vacation over the summer together. It might be a beach in Florida, but Gatlinburg is closer and cheaper for us. (I've also mentioned Hogwarts, and that interested quite a few of the girls that have read the books. I'd LOVE to be able to go twice this year lol)

So as of right now, no, I don't have any plans, tbad. Adventure Mountain looks a lot nicer than I expected it to be. SkyZip definitely tops it, though. That was an experience I'll never forget.

Last edited:
Adventure Mountain was actually a neat attratcion that dollywood put in this year the themeing of it was amazing! the only thing i didnt like about it was that it gives you a headache becuase you have to drag your harnest around so if your gonna do it prepare the advil lol

Adventure Mountain was actually a neat attratcion that dollywood put in this year the themeing of it was amazing! the only thing i didnt like about it was that it gives you a headache becuase you have to drag your harnest around so if your gonna do it prepare the advil lol

Drag your harness? I don't get it. lol