Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Drawn To Life - Cirque du Soleil

I am amused that, less than a month out, there are still tickets available for the final show.

Also, just update "On The Record" with some more recent songs, add acrobats and projection, and call it a day.
I think it's a combination of the show being here for 20 years with minimal changes and that with Uni eating into WDW vacations now, the amount of "extra" things is becoming less and less common by families.

Plus the fact that it's just a generic cirque show, instead of one themed to Disney, as you would expect when at WDW. Ticket sales have been abysmal in recent years.

Glad it's official. I never made it to La Nouba but a Disney-themed Cirque is DEFINITELY something I'd watch.

That end of the West Side is gonna be a lonely place for a bit. Disney Quest Demo'd, Cirque closing for new show, Wolfgang gone for Jaleo... the only thing left past the AMC really will be Splittsville and House of Blues until all the replacements open up.

And House of blues is the only thing that is original to the area correct? I remember when splitsville was Virgin records!
Well, Cirque is original, they'll just have a new show.

HOB's lease is expiring in something like 2019 though and from what i've heard, they want to move more towards I-Drive.

It would, but CityWalk 2.0 won't be built then. I think they would likely end up in I-Drive 360 or in the SkyPlex complex (should it get built) if they don't re-up with Disney.
Actually, last rumor I heard was it being it's own thing on I-Drive with an attached resort hotel. But that was a while back.

I think it's a combination of the show being here for 20 years with minimal changes and that with Uni eating into WDW vacations now, the amount of "extra" things is becoming less and less common by families.

Plus the fact that it's just a generic cirque show, instead of one themed to Disney, as you would expect when at WDW. Ticket sales have been abysmal in recent years.

With an additional gate at Universal, it will become it's own primary vacation. Folks will come for Disney and then come for Universal. That may actually help Seaworld one day as the add on to either of the primary destinations. I wonder when Fun Spot will do that expansion they have talked about. There's no shortage of compact steel coasters out there now that screams Funspot. Hell, I'm shocked they haven't added one of SBF Visa spinners that are the rage.

In regards to Cirques future in Orlando, who's to say that a possible Cirque show can't be themed to a non-universal IP though? Cirque has seemed to have success with implementing artists for the theme of the show, with two examples easily being Michael Jackson and The Beatles.

If I was Universal, planning with Cirque; that wouldn't even be a bad angle to base a show for Universal. That way, it leads the door open for the resort to have something else, like Wicked, Phantom, or Mamma Mia.

So the last show obviously occurred on NYE. The La Nouba FB page live streamed the very end of the last show. It's actually the most i've ever seen of the show and it sort of makes me wish i'd actually gone to see it instead of just saying "We should do that sometime".

So the last show obviously occurred on NYE. The La Nouba FB page live streamed the very end of the last show. It's actually the most i've ever seen of the show and it sort of makes me wish i'd actually gone to see it instead of just saying "We should do that sometime".

Have you seen other Cirque shows? If not you should catch a few, one of the unique forms of entertainment out there.

Looks like the same person who composed La Nouba will be back for the new show. Benoît Jutras was the original composer and some Cirque fans have found this on his website:

"He will be the composer of the new Cirque Du Soleil mega production that will open in Orlando in 2019."

Have you seen other Cirque shows? If not you should catch a few, one of the unique forms of entertainment out there.
Actually no. I have seen Blueman, though. I like unique forms of entertainment though so I always figured I would enjoy this, just was never something on my list.