Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Drawn To Life - Cirque du Soleil

Looks like the same person who composed La Nouba will be back for the new show. Benoît Jutras was the original composer and some Cirque fans have found this on his website:

"He will be the composer of the new Cirque Du Soleil mega production that will open in Orlando in 2019."

Actually no. I have seen Blueman, though. I like unique forms of entertainment though so I always figured I would enjoy this, just was never something on my list.
"Mega Production"? Curious.

I wondered the same thing when I posted it, but figured 2019 would be too soon for that resort.

Might be the opening year of the DS replacement, might be the completion date for the project (music development) for another Orlando show.

If I was at a bar with you and @Disneyhead and we bet a beer on it, I'd be the DS show, but I wouldn't be picking out my free beer quite yet.

Might be the opening year of the DS replacement, might be the completion date for the project (music development) for another Orlando show.

If I was at a bar with you and @Disneyhead and we bet a beer on it, I'd be the DS show, but I wouldn't be picking out my free beer quite yet.
I'd bet on DS too since we know for sure a new show is coming and the timeline is about right, but we do know that there could be other Orlando projects in the works too.

Looks like the same person who composed La Nouba will be back for the new show. Benoît Jutras was the original composer and some Cirque fans have found this on his website:

"He will be the composer of the new Cirque Du Soleil mega production that will open in Orlando in 2019."

Actually no. I have seen Blueman, though. I like unique forms of entertainment though so I always figured I would enjoy this, just was never something on my list.
As the meme says "DO IT!"

I remember before seeing the show wondering why people spent so much money for a 90 minute show. After sitting there with my mouth agape for most of the show, I understood. Saw it 4 times after that. (Seen BMG too and that one was more fun than jaw-dropping... both were very unique experiences)

A thought, what if the Cirque show is their take on Fantasia?

EDIT: Looking at it further, it looks more as if that's more of the originally planned MS show, when you look at some of the layout of the facades and what-not. Perhaps I'm wrong, but maybe they just posted something in the wrong place?

I thought the new Cirque show was based on Disney animation, so could be accurate.

Wasn't that more when they were apparently working with Disney on a show for the Magic Kingdom theater that got canned? Or is that just me..?

My guess, is that they are doing a new concept altogether; to stand out against any other show from the states.

March 20th, 2020 seems to be when this is planned to open based on the requirements in the audition postings:

Requirements:

• Ability to portray character’s traits
  • Extensive training and professional experience in mime or physical acting
  • Piano skills, a strong asset
  • Experience working with or comfortable performing alongside kids between 10 and 12 years of age
  • Available for the production’s schedule:
    • Training and rehearsals in Montreal: September 9 to November 29, 2019
    • Rehearsals in Orlando: December 16, 2019 to March 19, 2020
    • Stage performance in Orlando: March 20, 2020 to September 19, 2021 (minimum 1 year contract).
Auditions and Events| Cirque du Soleil

Based on the old show:

Does anyone recall how far in advance you could buy show tickets?

Is the ticketing done through Disney or Cirque? If Disney, could I use Disney gift cards to buy tickets?

New show announced in conjunction with Walt Disney Imagineering and Walt Disney Animation for a new Cirque show.

Heres the thing, The Beatles Love is an amazing use of an outer third-party with Cirque.

With how it sounds, it does have the potential to be something really exciting; it just really matters on execution.