Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Drawn To Life - Cirque du Soleil

Have they been doing any construction on the theater?

This would be the obvious time to refurb the theater (it’s kind of old?) but I don’t remember seeing any construction pics.

This would be the obvious time to refurb the theater (it’s kind of old?) but I don’t remember seeing any construction pics.

Since La Nouba's closure, the theater has been closed down for a while. It's only as of recent, that walls have gone up.

More than likely, most of the work needed for the show; has gone underway inside the amphitheater, and not much is changing on the outside.

They have actually added a few balconies to the exterior as of late. Balconies that look like they connect to a lobby area. Sort of a socializing area before the show starts.

Reportedly they staged and tested a lot of the Avatar show in the theater so thank god we didn't get that.

Screenshot-2019-11-10-13-09-37.png

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">low quality picture of a high quality thing, and i have no idea if anyone has posted this or not yet — new sign on cirque! (compared to the old sign on the right) <a href="caitlin on Twitter">pic.twitter.com/jcDKqk8GQr</a></p>&mdash; caitlin (@caitlizgrace) <a href="">February 27, 2020</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

This is unlikely to affect the Orlando productions but just an FYI
Agreed on likely to not affect Orlando stuff. I’d probably expect a big cut to their number of productions in Vegas and touring productions.