Dreamworks Theatre with Kung Fu Panda - Coming 2018 | Page 27 | Inside Universal Forums

Dreamworks Theatre with Kung Fu Panda - Coming 2018

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Considering how the movie ends, its financial success, and the crazy nostalgia surge for the IP as a whole these past few years, it's looking likely that we'll be getting a Shrek 5. Wouldn't it be ironic if - of all the DreamWorks properties - it's Shrek that finally bumps out Kung Fu Panda, and they make a whole new Shrek experience to take over the theater around the same time the sequel hits that incorporates Puss, Kitty, etc.? We've all spent years wondering what would/could/should replace KFP, from Dragons to Trolls to The Bad Guys, that it'd be hilarious if it all ends up with the ogre and his friends coming back home.
I have always had a gut feeling that in some way Shrek would come back to the DWT at some point.

Reactions: highdefrex
Don’t ask me what took me so long to see it, but I finally saw the masterpiece that was Puss in Boots 2.

I want a Puss in Boots overlay for this right the heck NOW. Are they ever going to put a new film in here?
I’d love that

Puss in boots new set style makes it perfect for the theater, though I’d also be down for bad guys as well

Reactions: ParkExplorer9513
Considering how the movie ends, its financial success, and the crazy nostalgia surge for the IP as a whole these past few years, it's looking likely that we'll be getting a Shrek 5. Wouldn't it be ironic if - of all the DreamWorks properties - it's Shrek that finally bumps out Kung Fu Panda, and they make a whole new Shrek experience to take over the theater around the same time the sequel hits that incorporates Puss, Kitty, etc.? We've all spent years wondering what would/could/should replace KFP, from Dragons to Trolls to The Bad Guys, that it'd be hilarious if it all ends up with the ogre and his friends coming back home.
This theory makes a LOT of sense considering the Magic Mirror is already in the preshow.

Reactions: highdefrex
They wont because of costs but Shrek is years away....would be nice for Puss in Boots or Bad Guys to get a show for 3ish years...they can always add them back that is literally why they made the theater as is

And since we lost 2 shows and WW is now down...might be time to consider using this space better

Reactions: ParkExplorer9513