Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Dreamworld: Four killed on Australian theme park ride

And on a river rapids ride.. I wonder what kind of malfunction could cause death on one of those?

These are such tough and rugged machines that they become meat grinders when they fail. Never told you all, but there were a few close calls in early testing of Kong. The one machine had no theming or audio and no one could hear it coming because of the battery power. On top of that, communication was a bit lacking... obviously.

Seems like one of the boats just flipped over on the return belt, very freaky accident. Read though that a lot of stuff in the park is outdated and that maintenance is not too good.

Seems like one of the boats just flipped over on the return belt, very freaky accident. Read though that a lot of stuff in the park is outdated and that maintenance is not too good.
It didn't get to the belt, another graphic I saw makes it looks like it was about to go on the belt but flipped up.

These look a little smaller than the standard raft rides. I wonder if that might make these a little more top heavy.