Dry 'n Tame Hotel Speculation (Project 566) | Page 3 | Inside Universal Forums

Dry 'n Tame Hotel Speculation (Project 566)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
piggy-backing off the UO expansion thread regarding the Wilderness Lodge type hotel, I think they could hide the surroundings (while close to ground level) quite well if they filled in a strip of land in the lake and planted some trees.

The issue is you're not going to build a convincing WL-type hotel that has thousands of rooms in that small of a plot of land.

Reactions: Joel
I think what I'd like to see is the current land that WnW is on would be a moderate hotel with a Disney boardwalk type feel. Build a pier going out into the water with a Ferris wheel and have a shopping and restaurant area within the hotel. Have the shops with the rooms towering above.

This can get some foot traffic from I Drive as well which will allow for easy access into the parks.

This could lead to a loss from parking sales but on the same hand, if guests think they're saving 20 bucks not parking, they might be inclined to spend their savings on food or at a bar.

Reactions: Joel
Oh I completely missed this thread earlier this week. I'm going to for sure keep my eye on this thread and future developments. Excited to see where this goes.

Super curious as to what the theme might end up being.

I know there's a permit, but I'm calling BS on 4k rooms. Universal needs to build a lot more infrastructure to support a hotel of that size. I'm thinking they have other plans as part of this hotel. By saying that all the space will be dedicated to hotel rooms, they can get the ball rolling without having to disclose everything.

Reactions: Andysol
wet n wild hotel.jpg

This is my half assed idea for a hotel. Pier 12 gets it's name because it's a boardwalk with a pier and set in 1912, same year that Universal Studios was founded.

I'd have shops and restaurants across the boardwalk with a huge tower curving around the lake. Half the rooms would have a balcony facing onto the water where movies would be shown nightly on a huge screen and people can have the audio streamed directly to their rooms. I'd also have older timely cars on the beach where people can order food or a drink and watch the movies from there.

A ferris wheel would on the pier with maybe some older type rides.

I've got my dates mixed up but I had planned to have a bar set in prohibition times with nightly raids by the police as the bar converts itself into something different just in time. Something similar to this:

The rest is your basic hotel with a small shopping district to entice people off I Drive.

View attachment 3936

This is my half assed idea for a hotel. Pier 12 gets it's name because it's a boardwalk with a pier and set in 1912, same year that Universal Studios was founded.

I'd have shops and restaurants across the boardwalk with a huge tower curving around the lake. Half the rooms would have a balcony facing onto the water where movies would be shown nightly on a huge screen and people can have the audio streamed directly to their rooms. I'd also have older timely cars on the beach where people can order food or a drink and watch the movies from there.

A ferris wheel would on the pier with maybe some older type rides.

I've got my dates mixed up but I had planned to have a bar set in prohibition times with nightly raids by the police as the bar converts itself into something different just in time. Something similar to this:

The rest is your basic hotel with a small shopping district to entice people off I Drive.

The ferris wheel won't be a sell because you have the Orlando Eye so close by.

Status
Not open for further replies.