Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Dry 'n Tame Hotel Speculation (Project 566)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Or a Cirque du Soliel Resort with a show.

I'm picturing rooms with trapezes over the beds for some reason...

zumanity-act-aerial-hoop.jpg

The Nickelodeon hotel had a solid foundation, it was an awesome idea, they just suffered from crappy management/ownership.
I never understood why the Nickelodeon hotel couldn't survive. I have the feeling it would work better as a Kalahari / Great Wolf Lodge style resort, where the hotel itself is an attraction. I don't think the premium was ever worth it if you wanted to venture to the parks.

I never understood why the Nickelodeon hotel couldn't survive. I have the feeling it would work better as a Kalahari / Great Wolf Lodge style resort, where the hotel itself is an attraction. I don't think the premium was ever worth it if you wanted to venture to the parks.
It more or less was its own attraction, there was the water park, a 4-D movie theater, lots of Nickelodeon characters, a theater where they did live Double Dare shows. There was so much potential, and they squandered it. I don't think they ever really gave it the advertising it needed. There should have been a commercial for it every other commercial break on Nickelodeon itself.

It more or less was its own attraction, there was the water park, a 4-D movie theater, lots of Nickelodeon characters, a theater where they did live Double Dare shows. There was so much potential, and they squandered it. I don't think they ever really gave it the advertising it needed. There should have been a commercial for it every other commercial break on Nickelodeon itself.
It had an unbelievable amount of commercials on Nickelodeon. I'm not sure that was the issue. I think the biggest issue was price. It was an expensive hotel. For families who are going to the parks, I don't think the hotel offered enough to justify that price difference. The Disney/Universal premium is partly for the transportation / in-park perks that you get for being on-site. Nickelodeon couldn't offer any of those.

And, in Orlando, I'm pretty sure there isn't a market for Great Wolf Lodge style resorts like Nickelodeon.

It had an unbelievable amount of commercials on Nickelodeon. I'm not sure that was the issue. I think the biggest issue was price. It was an expensive hotel. For families who are going to the parks, I don't think the hotel offered enough to justify that price difference. The Disney/Universal premium is partly for the transportation / in-park perks that you get for being on-site. Nickelodeon couldn't offer any of those.

And, in Orlando, I'm pretty sure there isn't a market for Great Wolf Lodge style resorts like Nickelodeon.
I guess I haven't watched Nickelodeon in a while. :lol:

They are indeed building a Great Wolf Lodge here, near Disney, in the Little Lake Bryan/Vista Way area.

Yes, Dreamworks, with it's ownership by Comcast, provides a link to the parks, amenity & location wise. It's a different animal than Nick. Plus Lowe's management makes a crucial difference.

GWL is building a resort right next to the old Nickelodeon Resort.

The Nick hotel didn't fail. They just lost the licence. It was always a Holiday Inn property. Nick is opening their own resorts. The one in Mexico is amazing. Swim up suites.

1600x750_4148_SWIM_UP_SUITE2.jpg

GWL is building a resort right next to the old Nickelodeon Resort.

The Nick hotel didn't fail. They just lost the licence. It was always a Holiday Inn property. Nick is opening their own resorts. The one in Mexico is amazing. Swim up suites.

1600x750_4148_SWIM_UP_SUITE2.jpg
Holy crap that is awesome.

My job involved the Nickelodeon Suites somewhat and I had been hearing that the management was running it into the ground, refusing to invest in the property like they should, etc.

Something to take into the consideration if Cirque is coming as a hotel, Universal already has an established relationship with them in a way; now thanks to Blue Man Group being fully owned by Cirque.

Cirque would make a wonderful property to use as a hotel, and that it would lead to so much potential. If it's that and Dreamworks, that makes me interested to see what happens for it.

Cirque and DreamWorks would offer Uni customers two hotel options Uni is currently lacking.

With Cirque you get a name brand that tourists know and love, but skews to an older set. It's perfect for Uni's 20/30 something audience. Add in a show based on Uni movies or DreamWorks and you've got a surefire hit.

With DreamWorks you get a hotel for the Disney Value loving set. I love Cabana Bay, and think it's in the top 10 themed resorts in Orlando easily. But it doesn't have the draw that the Disney's values, as tacky as they are, have over some. Do a Disney value on a Cabana Bay or Adventura level and you've got a home run.

Cirque and DreamWorks would offer Uni customers two hotel options Uni is currently lacking.

With Cirque you get a name brand that tourists know and love, but skews to an older set. It's perfect for Uni's 20/30 something audience. Add in a show based on Uni movies or DreamWorks and you've got a surefire hit.

With DreamWorks you get a hotel for the Disney Value loving set. I love Cabana Bay, and think it's in the top 10 themed resorts in Orlando easily. But it doesn't have the draw that the Disney's values, as tacky as they are, have over some. Do a Disney value on a Cabana Bay or Adventura level and you've got a home run.

Considering that you have a worldwide brand that is iconic enough to gain highly positive response whatever the show is, I would think they could do an original show with no Universal IP; and actually get people to stay there for not only that, but almost as if the experience from the moment you check in and out; is Cirque.

Considering that you have a worldwide brand that is iconic enough to gain highly positive response whatever the show is, I would think they could do an original show with no Universal IP; and actually get people to stay there for not only that, but almost as if the experience from the moment you check in and out; is Cirque.

I don't disagree, but I'm willing to bet it's tied into Universal somehow

If it turns out that,indeed, there's a Cirque Show, I would agree with JS and speculate it will be connected to Universal. It makes perfect sense business wise to capitalize on a show to produce dividends in marketing, merchandise, & overall synergy with the Comcast/Universal brands, parks and resorts.

The Lakeside could be Cirque themed with executive suites (1 room with a divider, queen bed, double fold out couch, microwave, mini-fridg, coffee maker).

The Westside could be the DreamWorks Resort with Family Suites (2 rooms, King or 2 queen, double fold out couch, full kitchen, dining area). This side would have a Cirque produced mash-up DreamWorks show. Start with The Croods, into a mystical Panda section, Dragons, and Shrek.

The lakeside could be Cirque Themed with executive suites (1 room with a divider, queen bed, double fold out couch, microwave, mini-fridge, microwave, coffee maker).

The Westside could be the DreamWorks Resort with Family Suites (2 rooms, King or 2 queen, double fold out couch, full kitchen, dining area). This side would have a Cirque produced mash-up DreamWorks show. Start with The Croods, into a mystical Panda section, Dragons, and Shrek.
Sounds just about perfect. :thumbsup:.....so....I'll drink to that :cheers:

I know Cirque bought BlueMan, but would they be allowed to have a large scale development/relationship with Uni? Cirque and Disney have had a pretty long history together, I would think there’d be some type of do-not-compete clause

Status
Not open for further replies.