Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Dry 'n Tame Hotel Speculation (Project 566)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Presuming they are going with Loewe's, nothing stopping them going their own way with these new builds and making more bank. Loewe's is tried and tested and also a good partner though, so maybe it will be a case of it it aint broke don't fix it.

I could be wrong, but I think they're locked in with Lowes for at least 7 resorts. I read some of the agreement back in the day, but forget the exact details.

I recall when CBBR was built, I read an article that stated Chief Billie has 25%, UNI has 25%, and Loews has 50%. That was for those first four though. I did think it was interesting that Loews left their name off CBBR as I guess it is not $$ enough for their brand or something, but still a beautiful place to me.

I would think UNI would be OK w/ the shared risk (much like Disney wanted to be a mall operator at Disney Springs), UNI still has a store within the hotels, and from the looks of the food at CBBR, I assume they run the Quick Serve.

I just wonder why the Seminoles have such a great deal after buying the Hard Rock brand some years back. I also wonder if they get something from SF forward.

I recall when CBBR was built, I read an article that stated Chief Billie has 25%, UNI has 25%, and Loews has 50%. That was for those first four though. I did think it was interesting that Loews left their name off CBBR as I guess it is not $$ enough for their brand or something, but still a beautiful place to me.

I would think UNI would be OK w/ the shared risk (much like Disney wanted to be a mall operator at Disney Springs), UNI still has a store within the hotels, and from the looks of the food at CBBR, I assume they run the Quick Serve.

I just wonder why the Seminoles have such a great deal after buying the Hard Rock brand some years back. I also wonder if they get something from SF forward.

If anything, this makes CBBR sound like even better value for money.

I thought I had read that Chief Billie is only the HardRock. One reason Loews reward loyalty You First points only work at Portofino & Royal Pacific & Sapphire, but not Hard Rock. CBBR isn't Loews branded so the points don't work there either.

I thought I had read that Chief Billie is only the HardRock. One reason Loews reward loyalty You First points only work at Portofino & Royal Pacific & Sapphire, but not Hard Rock. CBBR isn't Loews branded so the points don't work there either.

yeah, I mean the Hard Rock was the first Hotel (not sure if Loews always ran it though?).

But it was a news article (I once linked it somewhere on this site). It basically said that Loews runs all the hotels, but it made it sound like UNI and Chief Billie both get 25% of profit or something while Loews gets the other 50%.

A small indoor Minion water park would be neat, working as sort-of a release valve on VB.
I don't think UOR really wants a "release valve" for VB though. They want it at capacity every day. And if you can't get in because they already closed to capacity, guess you'll just have to come back...

I don't think UOR really wants a "release valve" for VB though. They want it at capacity every day. And if you can't get in because they already closed to capacity, guess you'll just have to come back...

Wouldn't helping that ease on upset guests not being able to get into VB?

I think it is important to allow space for a "let's just hang at the hotel" day..More than your standard pool...It seems like that's one thing they were trying with CB

Loew's doesn't brand CBBR as a Loew's property because it's not a 4 diamond property. (Lacks 24 hour room service.) While they make immense profit off of it, it's not part of what they want to align their brand identity around. They also don't brand Hard Rock because of licensing reasons.

Loew's doesn't brand CBBR as a Loew's property because it's not a 4 diamond property. (Lacks 24 hour room service.) While they make immense profit off of it, it's not part of what they want to align their brand identity around. They also don't brand Hard Rock because of licensing reasons.

So if they offer room service 24/7 they become 4 diamond? Wowza

It is one of the criteria. That is why you will see hotels that are borderline offer in house 24 hour pizza delivery like the Marriot Key Largo Bay.

I recall a time I stayed at CBBR for HHN, they just had a ton of pizzas and a cash register at the entrance closest to the bus stop (since the quick server area closed earlier in the evening)

Status
Not open for further replies.