Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Dry 'n Tame Hotel Speculation (Project 566)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does much work need to be done on the car park to start building or can safely assume this resort will open in sections?

To be fair, isn't DnT supposed to be two hotels? I can see them use the WnW car park and focus on the first hotel, and then at a later period announce the second hotel for the WnW Car Park, as the WnW Car Park should have atleast IMO; the infrastructure needed for construction crews.

When 4,000 hotel rooms are brought online in 2019-2020, I suspect there will be some casualties among the other properties. The only three that really are in Universal’s way are Orlando Continental Plaza, Monumental Movieland, and the Best Western Orlando Gateway. The first two are across the street from where Wet ‘n Wild’s front gate was, and the Best Western is on property adjacent to the parking area for Wet ‘n Wild.

The rest the businesses of Visitors Circle will probably be the toughest outs, but as much land as Universal has to work with, something like the Circus School or George’s Music could be relocated. If Universal could kill off the Floridian Express, then it could get some of the other businesses to move there. At that point Universal would have a legitimate space for a monorail or similar transportation center to connect the existing resort to the former Wet ‘n Wild.

To be fair, isn't DnT supposed to be two hotels? I can see them use the WnW car park and focus on the first hotel, and then at a later period announce the second hotel for the WnW Car Park, as the WnW Car Park should have atleast IMO; the infrastructure needed for construction crews.

I thought that was still up in the air but you're right. I can't believe this was announced in May. I thought it was only a few weeks ago:

Universal gives more details about hotels on Wet n Wild land - Orlando Sentinel

This has been an incredibly fast year.

Assuming it takes 21 months, which would mirror Aventura’s development from announcement to opening, the one remaining back of house builidng on the waterpark side will stand until it’s time to build the proper front entrance off Universal Boulevard.

The hotel(s) on the east side probably won’t see any work until late 2018 for a late 2020 opening. The old Wet ‘n Wild office might be a construction office into 2019. It might even make it into 2020 as it appears to sit on what is planned to be surface parking.

Also, has Orlando approved vacating the end of Precision Drive?

I’m interested to see what the pricing will be. It’s off site but closer to the parks than most Disney hotels and will no doubt be a much higher quality hotel compared to any value Disney hotel and depending on how they go, will easily rival the moderate hotels.

The other downside would be that across the road will be a construction yard until the other park opens which leads me to think that the first hotel to open will aimed towards a cheaper market.

Given that the hotels will likely be 10 stories tall, the upper floors are going to have a view of International Drive; there is no way around it for the rooms facing north and west. The way that the lower floors are situated, I-Drive won’t be an issue, as the parking garage or surface parking (with generous landscaping) will be in the way, or they face Universal Boulevard.

I hope so...Some of those areas on I-Drive are quite dilapidated
The areas around it have been redeveloping pretty well... except for right next to the Wet N Wild land, many believe because they're hoping to get bought out by Universal. Either way, once Universal does what they're going to do, if they don't show interest in buying some of the adjacent hotels, they'll get redeveloped as well to take advantage of whatever Universal does.

The areas around it have been redeveloping pretty well... except for right next to the Wet N Wild land, many believe because they're hoping to get bought out by Universal. Either way, once Universal does what they're going to do, if they don't show interest in buying some of the adjacent hotels, they'll get redeveloped as well to take advantage of whatever Universal does.
This is a good point...Hopefully Universal's moves will spark major redevelopment of that area

Status
Not open for further replies.