Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Dry 'n Tame Hotel Speculation (Project 566)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Feels very Miami in the mid 1980s. I like it. Good value, nice relaxing atmosphere.

And I'm sure there's still more details about these hotels they're holding back on, maybe included entertainment options, or even a kid's splash and play area themed after Dreamworks characters not pictured.

New info and photos up on the UOR blog.

Universal Orlando Close Up | Two New Hotels Offer More Options to Play at Universal Orlando Resort

• Under $100 a night
  • Reservations start in early 2018
  • “Laid back costal feel”
  • No opening date set, likely late 2019
  • No name

The fact that there is no name or precise theme makes me think they haven't decided yet on what to do on the tone of the hotel.

I think the two rumored, Cirque and DWA was shelved for the southern property, and that Universal is just going to go with a form of a coastal theme for now.

They look alright to me, considering what they are. But I was also hoping for more from the theme, but looks like we're getting another "Beach" hotel. Looks nice for a value resort though, and honestly, I'm just more excited for how this will play into the bigger picture.

I like the murals on the first picture. But as long as the service level is up to Loews level and the prices really are that good, I’m excited

The Loews service is the big selling point here and I think that price will make some hotels on I Drive very nervous.

It's also not that far away from the resort. If you're going to the parks and get the bus, it's about the same driving distance as CBBR is. If anything being on I Drive could be a huge benefit to a lot of people.

So far seems like a missed opportunity here. I could've designed a better looking resort than that...that looks so plain. This was Universal's chance to build another massive themed resort. I don't think anyone would actually know it's a universal hotel if they were just driving by it. Also what's up with all the new hotels being in the cheaper category? Don't get me wrong, I like a cheap rate, but they have to have some higher class hotels along with those.

So far seems like a missed opportunity here. I could've designed a better looking resort than that...that looks so plain. This was Universal's chance to build another massive themed resort. I don't think anyone would actually know it's a universal hotel if they were just driving by it. Also what's up with all the new hotels being in the cheaper category? Don't get me wrong, I like a cheap rate, but they have to have some higher class hotels along with those.

Playing devil's advocate on the theme, it's tough to do a convincing theme for giant tower hotels like these.

Cheaper hotels is what people want, and considering these are not connected to the resort, it wouldn't make sense to have a high price point hotel there.

I'd imagine Site B will open with 2-3 deluxe hotel options.

I'd imagine Site B will open with 2-3 deluxe hotel options.

That, is the vibe I get out of UOSouth, and it makes sense.

That said, the fact it's under a 100 dollars is a steal; as it will cripple a lot of the I-Drive hotels next to DnT. And in a sense, I think that's Universal/Comcast's goal, so they can buy the properties over there to have more control of that area. But that's where I'm at.

Cheaper hotels is what people want, and considering these are not connected to the resort, it wouldn't make sense to have a high price point hotel there.
I would argue though that since this is offsite, it could've been marketed as an oasis. Put the hotel portions on the outside perimeter, then a highly themed section In the middle. Also could've made a good convention center. Right in the heart of I-Drive.

They've been rounding out their offerings. The first two hotels were on the higher end. Then they added a moderate offering, and now they're working on the value end of the spectrum.

I think part of what goes into these decisions is location. The first two resorts (Hard Rock and Portifino) are closer to the parks and offer better seclusion from the rest of the world. These newer locations are near busy I-4 traffic, I-Drive, or have views overlooking the awful WestGate towers, etc.

I expect some more high-end resorts next at the new land, now that they've filled out their offerings in all classes here.

The Loews service is the big selling point here and I think that price will make some hotels on I Drive very nervous.

It's also not that far away from the resort. If you're going to the parks and get the bus, it's about the same driving distance as CBBR is. If anything being on I Drive could be a huge benefit to a lot of people.

I Drive hotels will need to match the level of bus service to the main resort or face huge issues.

I would argue though that since this is offsite, it could've been marketed as an oasis. Put the hotel portions on the outside perimeter, then a highly themed section In the middle. Also could've made a good convention center. Right in the heart of I-Drive.

These aren't convenient enough to the convention center to be convention hotels, and most people, when they're coming to stay at a Universal hotel, are coming for the Universal parks. Having these be the furthest away makes sense for them to be a cheaper option.

Status
Not open for further replies.