Echo (Disney+) | Inside Universal Forums

Echo (Disney+)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Nick

Staff
Sep 22, 2011
Orlando
62CD796B-F5AF-4382-BDB7-3DDB8AF8AF55.jpeg

I thought there was a thread on this, but couldn’t find one, surprisingly. Anyway, new news on this show. I really feel like this is going to be a Daredevil adjacent type of show and bringing in these writers feels like Marvel knowing that they need to get these characters right, but theh need to get these characters right… within the confines of the PG-13 MCU.

This makes sense...and canhelp set up DD along with him hopefully showing up in She hulk as well

Echo will be a binge watch on November 29. Not sure why they chose to go this route instead of debuting with multiple episodes and then continuing weekly after, but I’ll take it!

Disney+ has binge-dropped many shows over the past few years, but they’ve only been either unscripted shows or scripted shows in second or third seasons and we’re getting cancelled anyway. This is the first Star Wars/Marvel series to see a binge release. Interesting change in strategy from Disney+ here.

I can only assume they have no faith in it and want to get it done and over with to free up resources elsewhere.
Another thought I had though is hardly anyone outside if comic book junkies knows about Echo and many who know don’t even care.

They may have faith, but they don’t think it will sustain viewers well for six weeks, whereas if you put together a kickass trailer, hype up Kingpin and Daredevil, then you’ll see a ton of people tune in day one to binge and hopefully get good word of mouth.

They learned from Andor that a good show doesn’t equal good viewership.

So supposedly the word is on this show not that it's necessarily bad, but that there's not enough meat in the story to captivate people to stick around for a weekly release.

I hope Echo is the last of the just....fine shows

Also with the writers strike and less content coming this fall, its weird they didn't do a two a week even to pad out the App

Reactions: GA-MBIT
Trailer looks good....I know rumors are the its not a good show....and we will find out soon

Trailer looks good....I know rumors are the its not a good show....and we will find out soon

I don’t think there’s really any solid rumors about quality. A lot of people jumped to that conclusion when it was still going to be a binge drop. Also, they didn’t make Echo an interesting enough character in Hawkeye for most people to care about a show.

Interesting that this will stream on Hulu as well. At least they’re well aware that this show is gonna need all of the advertising it can possibly get so Hulu can only help.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jerroddragon
Watched the trailer back. First of all, this looks great. Reminds me of Netflix's Daredevil and The Punisher in tone. Also, totally missed this is going to be rated TV-MA. That tells me that they knew the assignment when telling a story involving Wilson Fisk and gives me hope for the Daredevil series now that it's essentially being reset.