EMH Reduced In January 2013 | Inside Universal Forums

EMH Reduced In January 2013

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
May 30, 2011
Starting January 2013, WDW is reducing EMH by an hour. So instead of the parks remaining open for 3 extra hours, they will be open for only 2 extra hours.

I always thought these were popular. I wonder if this is an off season thing, or permanent.

Well, WDW's website has posted, on the EMH policy that the parks may remain open for up to 2 hours past park close. Used to read 3 hours. Take that as you will.

Last edited:
Perhaps guests weren't spending enough that third hour (thinking like a TDO exec.)

Or, more like: So, Universal is going to open Transformers in 2013 huh? We'll show them. We'll cut EMH by an hour. Yes. That will work!

I find this very odd, I mean the only reason for them to do this is cost cutting. Since TDO is finally investing some capital I guess they have to show Burbank some better profit margins while lowering operating costs. Didnt DLR just start early morning access for DCA like two months ago?

I always enjoyed working Splash during EMH. Only some guests would still be riding, but they were usually the most fun and would interact well with our exhausted zaniness. Shame that Disney feels the need to cut back perks.

I was just at EMH last night, and it makes perfects sense. The park is pretty empty on that 3rd hour.

What I don't like about this, is the fact that that's the point of this added perk. EMH is a time when guests can ride most of the rides without waiting an eternity to ride. By eliminating this 3rd hour, the line for Space Mountain can usually still read 30-40min.

Not to mention that it's also possibly going to make those two hours more crowded, making that extra perk seem like less of an attractive option.

Fine with this. There is mainly novelty in them. As someone who used to be on closing Magic Kingdom shift at the front of the park I can say there were plenty of very late hour nights that had EMH added on top of that to where me and fellow co-workers would not get off until the sun was coming up.

This mixed with poor maintenance also runs the park into the ground.

I guess it's different being in Merch...no one buys any photos!

I agree with you on that. Before Splash I was in Mouse Gear, and after the Illuminations rush during Epcot EMH, it was deadsville. When I did participate in an EMH at Epcot I usually waited longer than I would have during the day for the first hour. Walked by M:S with a 45 min wait, I laughed and went on SSE.