Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

EPCOT Flower & Garden 2019

SeventyOne

VIP Member
Jul 1, 2010
Orlando
Festival kicked off today. Hour plus waits to get the Orange Bird sippee cup. In fairness, one of the cutest pieces of merch Disney has released in a while.

Otherwise what I saw seemed mostly the same. Pineapple Promenade and Honey Bee-stro carbon copies of last year (granted, glad to see the cheesecake return), same topiaries in new locations.

Is there anything new or good for food? Going in May.

Update: besides Orange Bird, which has calmed down a bit, the big hit of the event is the giant cotton candy flowers at the China booth. Popular enough they've been given their own queue. A single artist spins two to five layers of differently colored cotton candy into a mass the size of your head, then shapes it into a flower. Same principle as Honkers in IoA but the artistry elevates it, Be prepared to wait a while but kids love it, the pictures will be a hit on social media.

The wine slushee in the citrus pavilion is more sweet than alcoholic, but still refreshing.

The carne guisada and key lime torte at Florida Fresh aren't new, but still delicious.

GENERAL NOTES ON THE EVENT:

Sadly nothing really going on in Odyssey. It's just the QSR--which looks so much like Fountain View there's no question it will be the temp Starbucks--and shopping.

Is the Daisy topiary new? If so, only new one I spotted, tho Mickey and Minnie have updated red "outfits." Same gardens we've seen many times before, as well. Given the lack of change in menus as well, really feels like they are coasting this year.

The drink in the Orange Bird cup is actually good--think Orange Julius. The honey cheesecake isn't new but strong contender for my favorite dish across the four festivals.

I had one of these yesterday and I liked the orange cream slush as well. I know this isn’t a very big chain but to me it tasted like an orange cream Misto Shake from Rita’s (I think they’re opening one near Disney Springs) but less water ice, milkier and not as cold. Violet lemonade is still my favorite, but I really enjoyed that one too.