Epcot (General Discussion) | Page 110 | Inside Universal Forums

Epcot (General Discussion)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
There's not, as of yet, much of a unifying philosophy that I can detect in terms of the usage of color in Future World.
I think once the Future World work is all wrapped up, things will be a lot more than presently. With so much being worked on, I’d at least hope that’s the case.

no biggie, just looked (to me) as if all the bright colors of the past are being replaced w/ dark/dull/industrial -- I just think someone watched too much Blade Runner or something, I know it is not a lot to go by, but the signage plus what has been painted thus far gave me an impression that future world is going colder/darker than the past. Then again, I just do not like colors using a flat gloss.

no biggie, just looked (to me) as if all the bright colors of the past are being replaced w/ dark/dull/industrial -- I just think someone watched too much Blade Runner or something, I know it is not a lot to go by, but the signage plus what has been painted thus far gave me an impression that future world is going colder/darker than the past. Then again, I just do not like colors using a flat gloss.
Really? I thought the opposite was going to be true with the redo

It seemed that way anyway from concepts

I... what?

Epcot-Fountain-with-Spaceship-Earth.jpg

To

y762yu4576t132a-1024x682-8581524.jpg

They're trying to blend in with, and match, the look of the Harmonious Barges. It's the new theme, "The Future is UGLY", to try to one up DinoRama UGLY in AK. The new Disney Normal. :lol: ;)

• Haha
Reactions: Disneyhead
Really? I thought the opposite was going to be true with the redo

It seemed that way anyway from concepts

I honesty have not kept up with things so I have not seen any concept art. This was just based on my going to Epcot for the first time in some 7 years. I felt the colors they used on the old Energy building are bland -- then the (looked flat to me) the white and black of that event/restaurant....bunch of construction walls in black.

But yes, the entrance is tons better w/o leave a legacy.

I honesty have not kept up with things so I have not seen any concept art. This was just based on my going to Epcot for the first time in some 7 years. I felt the colors they used on the old Energy building are bland -- then the (looked flat to me) the white and black of that event/restaurant....bunch of construction walls in black.

But yes, the entrance is tons better w/o leave a legacy.
It seems based on recent interviews that specific colors will make their way back in, not sure if that'll translates to the buildings

As far as the Guardians building, I honestly have no clue what they're doing at this point haha

It seems to me they're being intentional about colors with new Epcot

Reactions: Frank Drackman
It seems based on recent interviews that specific colors will make their way back in, not sure if that'll translates to the buildings

As far as the Guardians building, I honestly have no clue what they're doing at this point haha

It seems to me they're being intentional about colors with new Epcot

I think that is what I was picking up on. Someone is playing w/ colors along with whatever direction Epcot is taking these days.

ec5sm.jpg

It’s pretty clear that each area is going to have its dominant color (red for discovery, blue for celebration, green for nature, and yellow for showcase), but that the actual palette is going to dance all around that with a ton of complementary colors.

Not really a fan of either end of that spectrum - pun not intended lol, but meaning either a single dominant color or colors out the wazoo. It comes across as an overly simplistic or contrived way of trying to tie together a “land” when no other cohesive element exists.

Also, post #500 :rock:

truly have not been in a WDW park in many years before this week. I'm not sure what is construction, what is deconstruction, but I do feel change was needed. So I'll just say here are a few pictures of progress.

Attachments

• smallEC1.JPG
    smallEC1.JPG
    428.1 KB · Views: 10
  • smallec2.JPG
    smallec2.JPG
    759.8 KB · Views: 11
  • smallec3.JPG
    smallec3.JPG
    366.7 KB · Views: 12
  • smallec4.JPG
    smallec4.JPG
    555.8 KB · Views: 14
  • smallec5.JPG
    smallec5.JPG
    193.8 KB · Views: 14
dangit, why'd you point that out? I didn't even notice it the way it just blends in with the sky and all!
Tbh, for me, the Guardians building is most egregious from the parking lot. In Future World, there's actually no place you can see it. In World Showcase I hardly notice it either unless the angle is just right. We joke and all, but the sky blue color is way better than if they had chose a color that would've made it stick out more than it already does.

Tbh, for me, the Guardians building is most egregious from the parking lot. In Future World, there's actually no place you can see it. In World Showcase I hardly notice it either unless the angle is just right. We joke and all, but the sky blue color is way better than if they had chose a color that would've made it stick out more than it already does.

I imagine I snap photos like that for I do notice, but personally, I am not critical. I actually enjoy seeing ow the handle things, that is where I see the art. I sort of laugh when I see the UNI this or Disney that for they both have there way of trying to make a building blend enough to where we won't notice it.

Reactions: Yabbadabba Doh