Epcot (General Discussion) | Page 111 | Inside Universal Forums

Epcot (General Discussion)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
If they sold any of these as prints, I would very likely end up buying some...

I do think putting artwork up on the construction walls for the Festival of the Arts is a pretty good idea in general.

nice, I was missing color at Epcot on my last visit, glad to hear something is coming to help that!

Reactions: belloq87
Hopefully... but those AA's are 50 years old and have been to Japan and back in their lifespan. Maintenance on those is probably pretty hard as a lot of the parts probably aren't even made anymore.

There is no excuse for a company worth as much as Disney is worth to slap together replacements so transparently cheap. Those cutouts are junk.

Which is fine if it's just while maintenance is being done.

There is no excuse for a company worth as much as Disney is worth to slap together replacements so transparently cheap. Those cutouts are junk.

Which is fine if it's just while maintenance is being done.
Before the AA’s they had a screen with the three of them performing

Because I know of that, these cutouts are not fine or acceptable

Take out AA’s, add screen, fix AA’s, take down screen, and put AA’s back

I may also be partial to the AA’s because I am a huge fan of Donald and we brought my one year old daughter on this ride she was entranced by them. She just kept pointing and watching them move the whole time. When we turned the corner and they started to go out of view, she kept turning back to look for them

Well...this saga has taken a turn.

To be upfront, I'm not wholly against 2D cutouts. After all, Mr. Toad's Wild Ride is composed of a lot of flats, and it's one of my favorite classic dark rides period. However, that's a brisk ride where there's no time to really take in the scenery since you're weaving through and nearly hitting everything.

A slow moving boat-ride on the other hand, allows you all the time in the world to see it's just three static 2D cutouts in what's supposed to be the finale. That doesn't look good, especially since before the AA's even existed, we had a big screen to show something.

I know this is probably temporary, but if the AA's ain't coming back anytime soon, I'd be seeing if they can get that screen back up and running pronto.

Hopefully the AA's are being repaired and will come back. The AA's, replacing the previous screen, really added a lot to the ride, especially since they were near the end. The attraction jumped a notch or two upward,
in my opinion, when the AA's were added. Definitely the best part of the attraction.

Reactions: belloq87 and SkiBum
For a moment, I thought that was the precursor to bringing in Coco into this ride (which I wouldn't like). However, I then realized that Disney won't be spending any money for things like that and breathed a sigh of relief.

For a moment, I thought that was the precursor to bringing in Coco into this ride (which I wouldn't like). However, I then realized that Disney won't be spending any money for things like that and breathed a sigh of relief.
Really? I figured Coco would be a great addition

I don't ride the ride in its current iteration because I find it annoying and borderline disrespectful

Looks like a classy -- but also very surface-level -- exhibit, even with the IP tie-in.

Not thrilled that it's been used as an excuse to remove several of the beautiful pieces of artwork (crafted by some pretty iconic Imagineers) and a few of the quotes, though. Apparently one of Walt Disney's quotes is among the axed.

Reactions: SeventyOne

Looks like a classy -- but also very surface-level -- exhibit, even with the IP tie-in.

I think it looks good. I assume there's a soundtrack/BGL which will be the key to elevating it. But if that works, could be great.

(It also probably means VoL staying outside for the foreseeable future but that's better than the fate of most Equity performers lately.)

Not thrilled that it's been used as an excuse to remove several of the beautiful pieces of artwork (crafted by some pretty iconic Imagineers) and a few of the quotes, though. Apparently one of Walt Disney's quotes is among the axed.

Also Ayn Rand and Charles Lindbergh so I don't expect them to return. Part of the sweeping up of problematic elements along with Splash and Cruise. Hopefully the art at least comes back.

Reactions: CyborgDinosaur