Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Europa Park

agentj

VIP Member
Apr 24, 2012
Rhode Island
Going to Europa Park in Germany for the first time this May. Curious if anyone has been and can offer some suggestions. Will be there for four days. Thanks

Didn't want to start a new thread so dumping this here. Isn't this the coolest looking coaster? It looks ready for a Disney or Universal park. Steampunk works for me!

Baron 1898 - Efteling Park, The Netherlands
CDpUubiWYAIB8vm.jpg

CDpUubtW8AEUpAU.jpg

I will be heading to Europa-Park as well this May for the first time in many years. It's my favorite theme park ever, and I would place it above all of Orlando's parks (yes, it's that good in my opinion). And I don't even care about coasters, I just love their old-world dark rides (they have so many) and the outstanding theming of the park's areas. Can't wait to go back.

Last edited:
Good to hear. We will be there from 5/19 to 5/23 and looking forward to our first visit. Read some great things and hungry for some good German food.

Here's Europa's new indoor water park under construction
DJrU1Z0XkAAQy85

Something tells me that they'll pull the theming off better than Uni did at Volcano Bay. The Museum hotel built along side this mostly indoor water park looks to be top notch as well.

Here's Europa's new indoor wager park under construction
C
DJrU1Z0XkAAQy85

Something tells me that they'll pull the immersive the off better than Uni did at Volcano Bay. The Museum hotel built along side this mostly indoor water park looks to be top notch as well.

Not a big water park fan, but really interested in how Mack does a waterpark. After the embarrassing Disney rip offs in the early park, they have done a great job with the newer attractions. Hope to be back there next June.

Will be there this Sunday (6/3). Pirates of Batavia was one of our favorite rides. We found it actually better than Pirates of the Caribbean
even though it was a knock off. Hopefully they can recover quickly. The Mack Family put their heart and soul into that park. Will send pics if anyone is interested.

Will be there this Sunday (6/3). Pirates of Batavia was one of our favorite rides. We found it actually better than Pirates of the Caribbean
even though it was a knock off. Hopefully they can recover quickly. The Mack Family put their heart and soul into that park. Will send pics if anyone is interested.
Pics? Ummm, yes please :drool:

Here's their chance to knock off the Shanghai PotC:grin:.

It'll be a shame I'll miss this area next year but this didn't alter our plans for Europa in June 2019.

Oh, and Baron at Efteling would fit into Silver Dollar City or Dollywood fine

I wonder if anyone has ever approaching B&M for a non inverting dive coaster but with some serious airtime hills after the dive. A Dive Hyper Lite.

Last edited:
Pics? Ummm, yes please :drool:
Got here Sunday, took some pics of damage(will post later) By Monday scaffolding was going up. spoke to some people who were involved in the event. they said the big concern was getting 25 thousand out of the park without causing panic. It went well. Also, they are rebuilding as it was and not putting in something new. Happy For that. While all this is going on, they are still building the new water park and huge hotel (10 cranes on site) got to give them a lot of credit. BTW, the damaged area seems to be around 5 percent of total park area. It's really a great park to visit.