Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Expose reveals WDC control in online fan community

Status
Not open for further replies.
giphy.gif

This is actually [censored] insane. It honestly makes you wonder how deep this conspiracy goes to other sites. I'm expecting something to come out about a particular site Disney has tried diverting attention from...

Edit: If that's what this even is. There's way too much information to process at once

Last edited:
While every company has an interest in its online reputation, the dIsNeY iZ hErE rEaDiNg AlL uR pOsTs lie was perpetuated by the site owner of WDWMagic for YEARS while he had full knowledge that Spirit was covertly pushing his own/brother's articles and agendas and manipulating readers. He did it for clicks because clicks = $$$

It's long, long, long overdue for "the community" to see WDWMagic for what it is - complicit in the Snyder brother's shockingly personal and juvenile attacks on executives they don't like because they were never given consulting contracts for the company they both loved.

Okay, so can someone check over my understanding of things:

1. Al Lutz positions himself as a well-known insider that gives the goods on what's going on at Disneyland, is actually being fed info by Iger via Zenia.
2. The article alleges that Iger used DCA's low attendance to spark an astroturf campaign to get Eisner to step down. Al Lutz was the voice of the revolt.
3. The article also alleges that prominent posters over on Magic, like TP2000 (never been there, so have no idea what's being posted) were opinion influencers

Then, the juicy behind the scene bits:

4. This article comes out after an article on MiceChat about how Chapek pushed for cuts to everything, resulting in a disastrous opening at Galaxy's Edge
5. It's viewed that this article is a counterattack aimed at influencing opinions on Iger and saving Chapek's bacon.

I never posted on Magic, and never would . While I enjoy the great Disney info there from people like Marni and Magic Feather (both of who post on IU also),and some other fine people, there's just too many posters there that are rude and too one sided. So I just check things out every now and then since they usually have fairly accurate information.

This is all... wow... seriously, not at all what I expected to read on my nightly news roundup. I seriously have no clue what to think about any of this :what:...

The fallout from this, regardless of how accurate it may or may not be, is going to be a rollercoaster to watch unfold.

The response on magic has been...surprising. It went from “storm the barricade” to straight up paranoia, to the article is completely fake. I now understand how 4Chan exists. Even I get wrapped up in the theories.

Regardless of the accuracy, there is the stigma of influencers/sites being shills that certainly will get amplified after this noise.
Yep even though TP2000 may have cleared his name a little and said he wasn’t Troy Porter there is still evidence that he is and therefore I can’t take posts too seriously anymore which I didn’t from the start.

I'm so confused right now. So the fact that the Snyders have been on their little campaign means that this article is false or real? I feel my mind slipping as every single little bit of info worms its way out.

Its so confusing because some fansites are confirming truth to what Mike is saying while others are refuting and screaming lies...its quite interesting and I'm just gonna sit back and enjoy this reality show.

Also Spirit hated Chapek so much...so it kinda doesn't make sense he is writing a hit piece defending him.

Micechat's photomatt threatened out TP2000 so maybe there is truth to the article....

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.