Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Express Pass Necessary in November?

Sep 13, 2018
Hi everyone,

My family is going to make its first visit to Universal Orlando for 2 days in the week of Nov. 7-12. We booked it to try to avoid busier times, but does anyone have any advice about whether we will still need Express Passes at this time? We are staying at Cabana Bay, so we will use the early admission. We have two daughters, 10 and 12, that are mainly (and highly!) interested in the Wizarding World. Thanks!

. Touring Plans has level 6 & 7 crowd predictions (Veteran's Day weekend)for the weekend which is high moderate busy. The weekdays are 4 & 5's, which are moderate, not so long lines. So the weekend lines will probably be on the long side. Most of the main attractions at Universal have single rider lines, so if you're willing to break your family up ride wise, you can utilize that. Since there's going to be more than two of you, it would be better to book one of the deluxe hotels that have free hotel unlimited express pass than to buy individual express passes for everyone in your party, if you go the express pass route....Edit: As Joe says, if you get there early you'll be able to knock off many of the main attractions before noon. The Universal parks aren't very busy early, plus you have a jump with the early admission. But, like Disney, lines get considerably longer in the afternoon, but then get shorter in the couple of hours before the park closes. We generally go to the parks early, if we don't have express, and go to the hotel pools in the hot afternoon. Often we'll go back to the parks for the last few hours. Everything is close when you're on site, so it's easy to park hop and pool hop.

Last edited:
Hi everyone,

My family is going to make its first visit to Universal Orlando for 2 days in the week of Nov. 7-12. We booked it to try to avoid busier times, but does anyone have any advice about whether we will still need Express Passes at this time? We are staying at Cabana Bay, so we will use the early admission. We have two daughters, 10 and 12, that are mainly (and highly!) interested in the Wizarding World. Thanks!

As long as you take part in early admission and follow a touring plan you'll be golden. Enjoy your trip!

Hi everyone,

If you will be doing any Disney, I will advise that I believe this week is Jersey week, which is the same week we went last year and it was a nightmare. Projections of 4-5 level crowds turned to 8+. Not sure if you are from New Jersey or not, possibly why you are visiting that week, but it has a tremendous impact on Disney, less so at universal.

If you will be doing any Disney, I will advise that I believe this week is Jersey week, which is the same week we went last year and it was a nightmare. Projections of 4-5 level crowds turned to 8+. Not sure if you are from New Jersey or not, possibly why you are visiting that week, but it has a tremendous impact on Disney, less so at universal.
Yes, that is Jersey week. And WDW gets pretty crowded.

Hi everyone,

“... we will use the early admission ... mainly (and highly!) interested in the Wizarding World. Thanks!

Early park access is good news if HPotter is your priority as you can enter a relatively quieter Hogsmeade or Diagon Alley before off-site guests (all non-HP rides will be closed except for one). FYI;

- Sometimes only 1 of 2 parks is open early, published in advance.
- Early opening likely one HP ride and only one other ride, though if you are going to focus on HP then not matter. It may result in a concentration of early guests in the HP areas.
- Regarding “2 days at Universal”, FYI Hogwarts Express (between the two parks) needs a park-to-park ticket. Just saying in case you have a one day ticket for one park / a one day ticket for the other park.
- The two HP rides have great queues, so queuing is actually a good thing as can then take your time in the queue.
- The Nighttime Lights at Hogwarts Castle possibly may not be on on both nights of your trip. I mention in case you need to see it on your first day.

Have a great time...!