Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Express Pass

Oct 18, 2019
Hi All,

We will be a Universal on Dec 20 and 26. We would like to buy the unlimited express passes as these dates should be busy. We made some simulations and the costs for the unlimited online for the four of us will be 1,036.00 on 12/20 and 1,276.00 on 12/26, a total of 2,312.00 for the 4 of us. A LOT of money. So, we thought of buying the two day ticket and upgrade at the park, if we think we need it. The price for the 2-day would be 596,00. But how much would be the upgrade? How they calculate for the first and second days?

Thanks in advance

Hi All,

We will be a Universal on Dec 20 and 26. We would like to buy the unlimited express passes as these dates should be busy. We made some simulations and the costs for the unlimited online for the four of us will be 1,036.00 on 12/20 and 1,276.00 on 12/26, a total of 2,312.00 for the 4 of us. A LOT of money. So, we thought of buying the two day ticket and upgrade at the park, if we think we need it. The price for the 2-day would be 596,00. But how much would be the upgrade? How they calculate for the first and second days?

Thanks in advance

Have you looked into staying on site the night before your visit? That'll get you the express passes for way less money.

Wow yeah dumb me, my bad.
No problem! But do you know the answer of the original question? I don't need an exact total, just an estimate would be fine. If I need the express unlimited for the first day, how much would the charge extra? If I need on the second? Or both days?

Hi All,

Thanks in advance
WOW! $320/pp for EP? Do they offer an regular EP that isn't unlimited?

Yes, 916.00 for the Dec 20. Dec 26 should be more but I didn't quote.
Well that doesn't help much. Haha. From the price of the EPs/UEPs it looks like they are going to be very crowded days in the parks. What I would do is just buy UEPs for the 26th and on the 20th hit the high capacity stuff like shows and the backlot tour holding off on the popular rides until the 26th when you have the UEPs.

Well that doesn't help much. Haha. From the price of the EPs/UEPs it looks like they are going to be very crowded days in the parks. What I would do is just buy UEPs for the 26th and on the 20th hit the high capacity stuff like shows and the backlot tour holding off on the popular rides until the 26th when you have the UEPs.
No, it doesn’t help much. It should be crowded. That is why I am trying to find the cheapest way to buy the EUP. I researched the web but couldn’t find an answer. I think if I buy the two day for 596 ans upgrade for the dec 20 it will be around 600 more, and for dec 26, around 700 more. A total of 1896.00. Is that right?

No, it doesn’t help much. It should be crowded. That is why I am trying to find the cheapest way to buy the EUP. I researched the web but couldn’t find an answer. I think if I buy the two day for 596 ans upgrade for the dec 20 it will be around 600 more, and for dec 26, around 700 more. A total of 1896.00. Is that right?
That sounds about right.

So it's around 400 less, and the option to upgrade only if we see that we need, at the park. Can Anyone confirm this for sure?

Yes you can upgrade in the park. They sell both tiers of Universal Express at the Universal Box Office (inside the park) and at select gift shops.

They will also on busy days have Universal Guest Relations stationed throughout the park in Info Booths selling Universal
xpress.

The price of the in Park Universal Express upgrade is based off of the price difference between a full priced gate one-day ticket and a full priced gate Universal Express ticket .

Not something you have to count on, but if you have good credit there are usually salespeople for American Express or other cards offering free express pass for signing up.

Also I think it would be best to have the pass for one day and then not for the next, not the other way around. You can easily go on every ride during a whole day at the park with VIP. That being said, unless you are really gunning for it, I doubt you will have time for multiples on the same ride so the 1 time per ride VIP pass is usually sufficient. Spend your next day just wandering and going only on rides with short waits.

A lot of rides this weekend were only allowing express passes to enter due to the standby queue being full. Mummy and Jurassic World are examples. This is insane!

A lot of rides this weekend were only allowing express passes to enter due to the standby queue being full. Mummy and Jurassic World are examples. This is insane!
lol

what a thing to do....if I paid normal price to get in I'd demand a refund. That is just bad planning