Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Falcon's Fury

:pound:
Man though I feel terrible because it's like I'm watching a car crash. I feel so bad for everyone involved but it's pretty entertaining I'm not going to lie
It's entertaining until you realize the person in the car crash died.

Not sure if you can really compare this to Rip Ride Rockit; Falcon's Fury is delayed because it is first of its kind; Rip Ride Rockit was not delayed because it was a first of its kind revolution thing.
The delay is partly BGT's fault as well, they were too optimistic and announced an opening date even before any tests had been done.
In any case, I can't wait 'till it finally goes open and ride this thing :)

Not sure if you can really compare this to Rip Ride Rockit; Falcon's Fury is delayed because it is first of its kind; Rip Ride Rockit was not delayed because it was a first of its kind revolution thing.
The delay is partly BGT's fault as well, they were too optimistic and announced an opening date even before any tests had been done.
In any case, I can't wait 'till it finally goes open and ride this thing :)

Actually, I'm pretty sure HRRR was delayed due to difficulties with it's more unique elements.

You guys should at least be glad this isn't a Moser drop tower. I'd much rather have an Intamin drop tower than a Moser like Mach Tower (BGW). Falcon's Fury will at least be worth the wait when it opens.

IMO, the reason why there are problems with this is because of one main thing: it's a new state-of-the-art ride that has never been done before. These rides usually take more time to open, especially with Intamin. It also is the fault of the park, because, like someone said above, the park jumped ahead too soon and announced the opening before test runs began.

Give it time. I'm sure once it opens, we're all going to enjoy it (well those who like drop towers at least, like myself :lol:).

I'm still pumped to ride this and if you think about it, it didn't take that long to build at all. I say when it's all said and done this will be a killer expansion for BG

Hopefully this ride won't be like Cheetah Hunt, for which one would have to wait about three hours before riding for the first ~6 months of being open, especially since the queue isn't as big or well-insulated from the outdoors...

Hopefully this ride won't be like Cheetah Hunt, for which one would have to wait about three hours before riding for the first ~6 months of being open, especially since the queue isn't as big or well-insulated from the outdoors...

I expect capacity issues, it looks like it can hold less than the sand storm and I'm sure the ride will be long and agonizing. Whatever though the wait will be worth it

Oh I forgot to post about this. One of my friends on Facebook made posts about going on falcons fury and it made me laugh my ass off. "On the way" "can see it from here" "getting nervous" "but they said it was open"

Heard from Bill (BGT fans) that new cables are being installed on Falcon's Fury, so apparently this was the problem they had to rectify.
With a bit of luck this thing will still open this year :dance: