Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Family Trip

And we’re booked. £490 return for two people was too hard to pass up.

Now comes the decision about hotels. I’m now leaning towards getting a cheap car and staying at Cabana Bay for the duration. It will save about £800 compared to staying at Pop Century for a week and the money can be used towards Uber if I want to drink. Plus no parking charge at CBBR.

There’s also no real benefit of staying at Disney without FP.
CBBR is a really easy trip to WDW. With an entrance ramp to I4 right there, I generally made it to WDW quite quickly.

And we’re booked. £490 return for two people was too hard to pass up.

Now comes the decision about hotels. I’m now leaning towards getting a cheap car and staying at Cabana Bay for the duration. It will save about £800 compared to staying at Pop Century for a week and the money can be used towards Uber if I want to drink. Plus no parking charge at CBBR.

There’s also no real benefit of staying at Disney without FP.
I bet it feels good to plan again with some certainty it will happen this time.

I'm gearing up for mid November and the Holiday season.

When did you last make it down?

The savings in not staying at Disney when you take everything into account are becoming more apparent with what else you could spend the money on. Staying at CBBR and having dinner at Victoria and Alberts plus Discovery Cove is the same price as doing a week at Pop Century.

When did you last make it down?

The savings in not staying at Disney when you take everything into account are becoming more apparent with what else you could spend the money on. Staying at CBBR and having dinner at Victoria and Alberts plus Discovery Cove is the same price as doing a week at Pop Century.
Last trip down was the spontaneous trip 6 weeks before the covid shutdown. Mark @UK-Trigg was in town, so I drove down to meet up with him and Dave @Disneyhead.

Yup. First time with them and to Sandford, but similar to you the prices were too good and I'm certain they will shoot up soon.

I'm feeling about 85% sure that we'll be good to go, just need a holiday so much now!

I haven't flown with them since they introduced the dreamliner but I've heard good things. Sandford is an easy drive if you're doing it.

Yup. First time with them and to Sandford, but similar to you the prices were too good and I'm certain they will shoot up soon.

I'm feeling about 85% sure that we'll be good to go, just need a holiday so much now!
If you get a chance to go into Sanford city take it. Nicely rehabbed with many shops selling unique items and restaurants serving great food. The German one is famous

I spoke to my travel insurance provider last night about what is and isn't covered.

Pretty much the same rules as before but if you've had covid, you must now declare it as a pre-exiting condition. You'll be covered if you catch covid and need hospital treatment or an extended stay before flying home.

The only thing they won't cover is if you've booked anything while the country you visit isn't on the green list. If I was to book my hotel today while the US is on the amber list and the flights don't go ahead, I will not be covered.

The guy did mention that I'm free to book anything if they have a cancellation policy. When I spoke to Virgin Holidays about booking Cabana Bay, their advice was that I can modify or cancel my reservation up to 6 weeks before, which seems pointless in this world.