Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Family Trip

@Scott W. How confident are you that we'll get over now? Sign posts seem good and talking to a travel agent friend of mine, he feels transatlantic may start again in July... Fingers crossed :usa:

I'm about 80% confident it will happen. I've got flights and a hotel and parking booked for Manchester. I'm holding fire on everything else.

While our covid numbers are going up, our vaccine deployment is way up. I think it will peak in a week or two and then rapidly drop.

Our vaccine numbers are slightly above the US and our covid numbers are slightly below but we're tightly matched.

I could see the travel corridor opening up maybe even next month. With Biden visiting the UK for the first time, it seems like perfect timing.

I'm about 80% confident it will happen. I've got flights and a hotel and parking booked for Manchester. I'm holding fire on everything else.

While our covid numbers are going up, our vaccine deployment is way up. I think it will peak in a week or two and then rapidly drop.

Our vaccine numbers are slightly above the US and our covid numbers are slightly below but we're tightly matched.

I could see the travel corridor opening up maybe even next month. With Biden visiting the UK for the first time, it seems like perfect timing.

Bang on my thoughts too, hopefully we're both correct!

For how many days? and pass on the Camaro unless you want pictures with it.

15 days. I've learned from renting a Mustang that it's only fun for a day.

The other day, it was $400 cheaper to rent a Range Rover (Guaranteed model) than a Chevy Spark.

15 days. I've learned from renting a Mustang that it's only fun for a day.

The other day, it was $400 cheaper to rent a Range Rover (Guaranteed model) than a Chevy Spark.
Yeah, you know I rented a Kia Soul for $134 seven hours and was given a huge GMC SUV 4x4 a month ago

You've no idea how bad I needed this (potentially) good news today!

How reliable do you think this guy is? I've been of the mindset recently that it may not happen but this at least shows some sign of hope. You double vaxxed yet?

I think he’s pretty reliable. I think he has some of his info in his bio.

I got my second yesterday. I got AZ and was reading that it’s not a valid vaccine for entry into some places in NY but this seems to be more up to the U.K. and Florida is basically the Wild West.

I think he’s pretty reliable. I think he has some of his info in his bio.

I got my second yesterday. I got AZ and was reading that it’s not a valid vaccine for entry into some places in NY but this seems to be more up to the U.K. and Florida is basically the Wild West.

Just looked him up and credentials are good so that's definitely a good sign. Just had to pay for our trip in full today so nerves are starting to shred!

That's great you've got the 2nd, hopefully AZ will be recognised as an international vaccine and as you rightly say FL has its own way.

Will be keeping a keen eye on him on twitter now, thanks for the heads up.

Just looked him up and credentials are good so that's definitely a good sign. Just had to pay for our trip in full today so nerves are starting to shred!

That's great you've got the 2nd, hopefully AZ will be recognised as an international vaccine and as you rightly say FL has its own way.

Will be keeping a keen eye on him on twitter now, thanks for the heads up.

I've only booked flights and parking at Manchester airport. Probably going to start booking things soon cause the prices will be wild once things open up.

It feels bonkers how exponentially our cases are going up, but seeing pictures about Florida removing masks. A big disconnect.

I saw something in the Independent suggesting now easing of travel rules until August: https://www-independent-co-uk.cdn.ampproject.org/v/s/www.independent.co.uk/travel/news-and-advice/august-foreign-travel-holidays-green-list-b1865653.html

The four-week delay in removing coronavirus restrictions in England could lead to most European locations remaining on the “amber list” until August.

The travel industry fears that Boris Johnson’s government will keep quarantine rules in place for major holiday destinations through at least two more “traffic light” reviews – indicating no substantial easing of rules until 5 August.

But Canada has an excellent vaccination rate......

Very good point!

Hopefully Biden will give his update soon and at the very least we’ll know one way or another if our holiday’s are on. Even then, things are changing so quickly it’s hard to keep up.

@Scott W. Getting towards squeaky bum time now huh?

Though did just watch the Biden / Merkel presser and they did at least get asked about the travel ban, seemed to suggest some sort of update in the coming days so fingers crossed!

While things are improving here, I'm getting the feeling that things will be flipped around by the time September comes. Our cases will be down and Flordia's cases will be way up.

I'm still on the fence about going, I've started looking at alternatives.

While things are improving here, I'm getting the feeling that things will be flipped around by the time September comes. Our cases will be down and Flordia's cases will be way up.

I'm still on the fence about going, I've started looking at alternatives.

We've started doing the same... Pains me as really hoped to make HHN but I can't see it all coming together in time. Won't do anything until the very last minute though as even booking elsewhere just now comes with high risks.

We've started doing the same... Pains me as really hoped to make HHN but I can't see it all coming together in time. Won't do anything until the very last minute though as even booking elsewhere just now comes with high risks.

The pricing is all over the place. When I looked at a week trip to Spain, it would still be cheaper to go to Orlando and not do anything and just enjoy the sun.

My pessimistic side is also thinking if I get covid and I end up in the hospital, what country would be best for such a situation.