Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Family Trip

So, admittedly not a Uni trip but how was your trip @Scott W. ?

I ended up in Dubai, was scorching but a good trip nonetheless.

Besides the scummy flights, it was great. Just felt good to get away. A very lazy trip by normal standards but after 18 months, a change of scenery was perfect.

Dubai looks like a good trip.

Currently, getting ready to book the flights for this family trip. Looking like early June next year. Not sure what to do about my cancelled flights. Might get a few annual passes and go to Orlando in January for a week but we'll see.

I've rescheduled 8 days in Feb to Uni and taking extended family who've never been so really looking forward to it. Not a time of year I've been so it'll be interesting crowd level/weather wise.

As you say, it was just good to get back to some form of normal again

My family and I also like to travel. Now that our daughter is already 6, we finally decided on a long flight to Australia this summer. It was a magical journey. Alice loves toy koalas and when she saw a live koala, she was indescribably delighted! We rented a house on on holidays.com.au and every evening we enjoyed the cool ocean water . I also want to say that Australia has really amazingly beautiful natural landscapes. It's just breathtaking. Therefore, I strongly advise you to visit this continent with your family.

Last edited:
To give an idea of how weird the pricing is just now.

I usually book everything separate as it's often cheaper but I figured I would have a look at a package and if things get cancelled again, it's only 1 phone call to cancel everything.

I was looking at 16 days staying only at Cabana Bay.

For an additional £1900, I got:
17 days
Staying at Pop Century for 8 days with $1000 Disney credit ($900 dining and $100 gift card)
6x 14 day Disney park tickets
Staying at Cabana Bay for 9 days (With free parking, late check out, welcome drink and free rubber ring for the lazy river)
A 7 seater minivan with a free tank of gas, GPS, car seat and 3 additional drivers.

Here's how much the same car would cost on it's own:
car hire.JPG

Still over $300 a day so if they don't mind riding in the back of a pickup I'm in.

(glad you found a better deal than that though)

How many on the same flight? Are you down to a single car yet?

6 of us. 5 adults and a 4 year old.

It's about time... :cheers:....Planning started Sept. 2019......and....you're probably going to use covid for an excuse. :grin: :lol:

Now that the testing has been removed, I'd like to say that all the stress has been removed but I'm going to Disney World.

I'm still trying to process it. Not the best.

I might be returning in September for a redo but I'll see what happens.

Interesting... I can't do Sept this year due to work commitments so October is looking likely and I just don't think I can stomach paying a lot more for potentially less overall. Time will tell.

Look forward to seeing a trip report once you recover