Fantasyland Expansion - Part 2 | Inside Universal Forums

Fantasyland Expansion - Part 2

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Brian G.

Editor-in-Chief
Jan 21, 2008
Orlando, FL
Well since the other thread magically got axed, gotta start a Part Dos.

Let's try to keep it peaceful too. Remember, every opinion will be different. Don't take it as a personal attack.

Nope. Can honest to god tell you that I have no idea how it happened, but I'm under the belief that the ban of MIABoy caused the accidental deletion of the thread. That's my only guess.

Granted I've only been on these forums for a couple months now, but I honestly have absolutely no idea how people can get banned from these forums and still be productive members of society. This is without a doubt the most relaxed forum I've ever been on.

Anyway I hope Disney surprises me with the expansion, but I'm not holding my breath.

Reactions: LiamRowbotham
That was just a dirty, dirty thread. Plus someone said I like ****. Poop is kind of dirty.

Anyway, I do see an issue with the Wardrobe AA in that it seems to be on a timed program, not something activated by the CM. I feel like this is a major error and will cause problems in the future.

Last edited by a moderator:
That was just a dirty, dirty thread. Plus someone said I like ****. Poop is kind of dirty.

Anyway, I do see an issue with the Amour AA in that it seems to be on a timed program, not something activated by the CM. I feel like this is a major error and will cause problems in the future.

I can see it being a problem when non-English speakers begin coming through it. I can only image this when the Brazilians start rolling through.

Granted I've only been on these forums for a couple months now, but I honestly have absolutely no idea how people can get banned from these forums and still be productive members of society. This is without a doubt the most relaxed forum I've ever been on.

You get attacked if your have an off opinion or you get accused of trolling...:inquisitive: then the gang pack jumps on you... :look:

But i love Disney and i think the expansion is great & that its aim towards kids is cute, they cant please everyone. Im happy :thumbs:

Anyway, I do see an issue with the Amour AA

I believe you mean armoire as in wardrobe? The script is indeed tight! I believe the CM's will get better and better at spotting the willing and move it along. But they might rarely end up with a room full of unwilling people which will be a horror show at which point they can say, "Welcome to Belle's Haunted Mansion!".

I believe you mean armoire as in wardrobe? The script is indeed tight! I believe the CM's will get better and better at spotting the willing and move it along. But they might rarely end up with a room full of unwilling people which will be a horror show at which point they can say, "Welcome to Belle's Haunted Mansion!".

Yes, sorry, wardrobe. I'll edit that in. I'm really dumb when it comes to furniture besides 'couch', 'table', and 'chair'. :bonk:

I'm thinking that a simple push button system could be installed to cue up and then activate animations and dialogue. Even if it's just a CM in the back with an iPad.

Last edited by a moderator:
You get attacked if your have an off opinion or you get accused of trolling...:inquisitive: then the gang pack jumps on you... :look:

But i love Disney and i think the expansion is great & that its aim towards kids is cute, they cant please everyone. Im happy :thumbs:

How did you know what happened if you weren't on during the whole argument, and the thread has since been deleted?

For the most part, I'm fairly indifferent about the Fantasyland expansion. In all honesty, it would be another five to ten years before I could even experience it. I keep posting updates and opinions because I enjoy taking part in an educated discussion of the process from concept to the end product and admiring the craftsmanship of all the creative teams behind the scenes.

This expansion has caused some tension to escalate unnecessarily on the former board. It's a discussion board, and discussion without conflicting opinions is pointless. But it is vital to remember at the end of the day we are all admirers of the theme park industry. We share that obsession, which is greater for some than others. We want to watch the parks and their companies make new experiences bigger, better, and more fun. Getting involved in petty arguments to the point of namecalling and profanity takes the discussion nowhere except hostility.

Having a clean slate (literally) for talking about the newest addition to the Magic Kingdom is definitely more good than it is bad. Of course, we've lost the many productive posts from the former thread as well as loosing the absurd posts that got us nowhere. All we can do is move forward. :cheers:

I'm thinking that a simple push button system could be installed to cue up and then activate animations and dialogue. Even if it's just a CM in the back with an iPad.

I don't think they can do that because of the backup it could cause in the queue. This needs to be executed as if the humans were animatronics... on time, no delays, move it along and keep everyone as happy as possible. I believe the library and lumiere is on the same hard time-coded track; the doors open and the show starts, regardless of human fallibilities.

Okay...but here's the thing...at least they can TRY. They used to aim to please everyone. That was the point of Disneyland.

I wanna go to DisneyLand... :'(

But i just cant see what else they could have done to honestly please adult or teens in fantasyland, every ride in the section is pretty tamed :pirate:

I wanna go to DisneyLand... :'(

But i just cant see what else they could have done to honestly please adult or teens in fantasyland, every ride in the section is pretty tamed :pirate:

A dark ride using the AAs and special effects on the mirror would have gone a long way in appeasing even more people instead of alienating adults without kids.

A dark ride using the AAs and special effects on the mirror would have gone a long way in appeasing even more people instead of alienating adults without kids.

Bingo! It's not unappealing because of the source material, it's the form they chose to represent it. Put those quality AAs in a B&B dark ride, and you have a new best ride in FL.