Fast and Furious: Hollywood Drift coaster (Opening 2026) | Page 2 | Inside Universal Forums

Fast and Furious: Hollywood Drift coaster (Opening 2026)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
USH does really need a decent coaster BUT;
  1. Isn't this too similar to Radiator Springs Racers in concept?
  2. Would this boost attendance? It would be the 3rd attempt at a sucessful F&F attraction in USH
  3. How would this work with current sound limitations? Especially if up on the upper lot & zooming over the starway.
If they are looking at a F&F coaster I wonder how similar to the Universal Studios Moscow concept it would be:
Universal Studios Moscow-590x394.jpg

Reactions: frank_1991_
I don’t think it will be that similar to RSR. I think it will be more similar to this:

The coaster is supposed to be done by Intamin, right? This is done by Intamin and is basically the same kind of system that Cosmic Rewind uses. You look at the dark ride scenes and you can see how you could easily simulate drifting on there.

I really doubt they’re going for the Dynamic Attractions ride system. I think they’re trying to go for more of a coaster here and those individual simulator pods on each car sound like a maintenance nightmare.

I don’t think it will be that similar to RSR. I think it will be more similar to this:

The coaster is supposed to be done by Intamin, right? This is done by Intamin and is basically the same kind of system that Cosmic Rewind uses. You look at the dark ride scenes and you can see how you could easily simulate drifting on there.

I really doubt they’re going for the Dynamic Attractions ride system. I think they’re trying to go for more of a coaster here and those individual simulator pods on each car sound like a maintenance nightmare.

I'd say look at this, alongside Gringott's ability to do controlled spinning as an aspect? The next step of that

I hope at the very least we can retheme the end of the Tram then....we don't need two FF attractions and this one seems fun...I'm in no way into the IP at all but at least the ride could be fun.
  2. Would this boost attendance? It would be the 3rd attempt at a sucessful F&F attraction in USH
  3. How would this work with current sound limitations? Especially if up on the upper lot & zooming over the starway.
If they are looking at a F&F coaster I wonder how similar to the Universal Studios Moscow concept it would be:
View attachment 16288
Here is the thing I think Theme Park fans forget..the public does have some huge things they love but its all about quality of the attraction that mostly matters

Batman, Teen Titans and DC is huge but doesn't really bring anyone into Six Flags...because they aren't trying that hard. Universal best show is Water World which no one knows about the movie at this point.

While I'd rather have better IP's as well, but SLOP is still a fun ride even if the movies suck and hell even the Mummy ride doesn't really feel like the movies much.

While yes Nintendo and HP are the Two IPs Id basically only build rides for int he next ten years...Execs want to push what little IPs they have that are hot, its just too bad both IPs to me are kinda boring and meh.

Reactions: Ron101
View attachment 16288
Something tells this me will more than likely be a replacement for the mummy on the Lower Lot. The fact they are not giving USH's mummy the same TLC like they are doing in Orlando right now is a hint Hollywood's may very well be on its way out.

Do we think they would demolish all of the Mummy ride building and make a taller structure, or reuse the same space now?

Do we think they would demolish all of the Mummy ride building and make a taller structure, or reuse the same space now?
Whether or not Fast and Furious replaces the Mummy, sooner or later, the Mummy is leaving. When that time comes, I am very certain that whole building is getting torn down. That building has served its purpose and they're going to start from scratch.

Those coaster vehicles would be perfect to theme into cars. Also shown by Objectif Mars at Futuroscope, this ride model has the ability to have a drop track, and I have seen concepts where it also features a tilt feature.

Intamin's spinning coasters overall have a lot of potential that could be perfect at simulating "drifting" while also featuring great thrills.

This comes from Intamin's official website, but these are their spinning coaster models...
1651529767624.png

1651529855015.png

Reactions: Nico
Those coaster vehicles would be perfect to them into cars. Also shown by Objectif Mars at Futuroscope, this ride model has the ability to have a drop track, and I have seen concepts where it also features a tilt feature.

This comes from Intamin's official website, but these are their spinning coaster models...
View attachment 16290

View attachment 16291
If this coaster becomes USH’s Hagrid’s I think that would be dope. It would easily be the flagship ride of the park.

Reactions: Nico

I suspect they'll build a building the same size and shape as the Orlando F&F ride building.

Does the Mummy have the same fan following at Hollywood as it does in Orl? It is still a great ride, but doesn't have Orl's thtill level. I know USH has extremely limited space, but coaster replacement doesn't feel the same there as it does here where they replaced two similar ride experiences with two extremely unique and high caliber rides. In Hollywood they'd be replacing a high caliber dark ride coaster with a higher thrill partial dark ride coaster. That just doesn't feel anywhere near as good of a trade off. I'd hope they are trying their best to keep Mummy to increase the ride lineup vs a substitute.

Obviously I hope this also means something for Orl, but Supercharged is newer here and if it's really some expansive coaster we'd probably be looking at a test track situation where it'd have to go out into backstage. Not ideal, but would obviously be preferable to what we have. Probably better to fix KidZone first with a dark ride if they're going to do that.

Does the Mummy have the same fan following at Hollywood as it does in Orl? It is still a great ride, but doesn't have Orl's thtill level. I know USH has extremely limited space, but coaster replacement doesn't feel the same there as it does here where they replaced two similar ride experiences with two extremely unique and high caliber rides. In Hollywood they'd be replacing a high caliber dark ride coaster with a higher thrill partial dark ride coaster. That just doesn't feel anywhere near as good of a trade off. I'd hope they are trying their best to keep Mummy to increase the ride lineup vs a substitute.

Obviously I hope this also means something for Orl, but Supercharged is newer here and if it's really some expansive coaster we'd probably be looking at a test track situation where it'd have to go out into backstage. Not ideal, but would obviously be preferable to what we have. Probably better to fix KidZone first with a dark ride if they're going to do that.
For how beat down it is and how the IP has no value any more....yes

In the summer the mummy has 90+ min lines everyday all day and many times its over two hours.

I get it has to go.....but it sucks we can't just use unused space first then start replacing old rides...but its USH its always two steps forward one step back. Nintendoland being one of the first times in a while we are just gaining something without losing an attraction

I think Mummy waits have more to do with it being the only real coaster in the park. I don't think it has nearly the fan loyalty as it does in Orlando
I get it has to go.....but it sucks we can't just use unused space first then start replacing old rides...but its USH its always two steps forward one step back. Nintendoland being one of the first times in a while we are just gaining something without losing an attraction
I mean the park has little space, so yeah. But Mummy going for Bourne/FF seemed to also be more spec than rumor in Alicia's video, personally I think it more likely it'd go in one of the soundstage spots. I also think this coaster might be better than you are giving it credit for; a good IP ride will be good regardless of IP, and that is my hope for this attraction, after they knocked it out with SLoP (bad IP)

I think Mummy waits have more to do with it being the only real coaster in the park. I don't think it has nearly the fan loyalty as it does in Orlando

I mean the park has little space, so yeah. But Mummy going for Bourne/FF seemed to also be more spec than rumor in Alicia's video, personally I think it more likely it'd go in one of the soundstage spots. I also think this coaster might be better than you are giving it credit for; a good IP ride will be good regardless of IP, and that is my hope for this attraction, after they knocked it out with SLoP (bad IP)
I agree but also SLOP is still cute.

FF is generic....its cars and bad actors. The Q will literally be a Garage of some warehouse. Sure the coaster will be fun, but im just not int coasters like I used to be. Unless it has a theme I love, I don't care for coasters that are basically just steel. I know thats just me because many people want a big coaster (not like you can't literally go 4 other parks in So Cal with better coasters then Universal and ever build because of space but people want a dam coaster so bad)

I think DK to me would have made more sense because then we could get more Nintendo games and another Raid and by far that coaster would be 1000000 times more themed then what ever the hell FF will end up being.

But for one, move the Tram there is a HUGE and I mean huge amount of land that can be used when thats done (the loading area.....hill near FJ Q area....the warehouses, and then we have the entire "drive" way until you basically get to the firestation.

Reactions: Mad Dog

Like Sal just said, the wait has to do more to do with Mummy being the only "major" coaster at the park. Most of the people I know who like USH's Mummy coaster haven't even been on Florida's Mummy or even know that it's different.

I can almost guarantee that Mummy's departure is going to create a lot of pushback for this reason. While Mummy has some okay dark ride scenes, I would not consider it a high caliber dark ride coaster. Watch USH's Mummy on Youtube and you'll see what I'm talking about.

I can make the argument that USH Mummy is better than Orlando but I won’t waste my breath because it is an unpopular opinion. I am a fan of the ride and just hope it gets replaced by a better coaster.

Reactions: Jamesh22
Like Sal just said, the wait has to do more to do with Mummy being the only "major" coaster at the park. Most of the people I know who like USH's Mummy coaster haven't even been on Florida's Mummy or even know that it's different.

I can almost guarantee that Mummy's departure is going to create a lot of pushback for this reason. While Mummy has some okay dark ride scenes, I would not consider it a high caliber dark ride coaster. Watch USH's Mummy on Youtube and you'll see what I'm talking about.
Do you consider Orl's version to be a high caliber dark ride coaster?

Because I'm not entirely sure how you can say that about one and not the other. I absolutely love the mid course fake out as it was something I had never seen a themepark do before and the rest of the effects in that room definitely add something. That said, it seems incredibly unfair to put the two rides in two different classes unless you're putting a lot more weight on the coaster aspect.

But what do I know? Fire in the Hole/whatever the other version is called is/are still in my top tier for this limited category. And in all honesty, I can barely create a list of 10 dark ride coasters together.

USH is such a hard park to understand, theming wise and balancing wise, for me. I wouldn't want it to take over mummy because it will just be another random themed attraction in the lower lot. Could the entrance of transformers be reversed and build it, F&F, behind mummy and create an action section (and could also find a way to incorporate the bourne show). But by doing that, you will have most of all of your adult attractions on the lower lot with nothing really in the upper space, so for balance, build it in the upper lot.

USH is such a hard park to understand, theming wise and balancing wise, for me. I wouldn't want it to take over mummy because it will just be another random themed attraction in the lower lot. Could the entrance of transformers be reversed and build it, F&F, behind mummy and create an action section (and could also find a way to incorporate the bourne show). But by doing that, you will have most of all of your adult attractions on the lower lot with nothing really in the upper space, so for balance, build it in the upper lot.
I have not clue what Universal has planned but my guess is that Transformers is where DK would go, if they plan on that or another Nintendo ride....at least if the people who are trying to keep themes then I'd guess some of that old studio area is for Nintendo future projects but once again who knows....we have soooo many rumors Sing, HTTYD show in the dream works area, Simpsons land has to go at some point, more potter or more nintendo? Monsters themed coaster, F&F Coaster, Bourne show etc

I hope at the very least we can retheme the end of the Tram then....we don't need two FF attractions and this one seems fun...I'm in no way into the IP at all but at least the ride could be fun.

Here is the thing I think Theme Park fans forget..the public does have some huge things they love but its all about quality of the attraction that mostly matters

Batman, Teen Titans and DC is huge but doesn't really bring anyone into Six Flags...because they aren't trying that hard. Universal best show is Water World which no one knows about the movie at this point.

While I'd rather have better IP's as well, but SLOP is still a fun ride even if the movies suck and hell even the Mummy ride doesn't really feel like the movies much.

While yes Nintendo and HP are the Two IPs Id basically only build rides for int he next ten years...Execs want to push what little IPs they have that are hot, its just too bad both IPs to me are kinda boring and meh.

I wonder if a tram tour and F&F:S replacement are progressing hand in hand.