Fast and Furious: Hollywood Drift coaster (Opening 2026) | Page 51 | Inside Universal Forums

Fast and Furious: Hollywood Drift coaster (Opening 2026)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I'm personally not sure? The Mario movie was originally set to open last holiday, and while the land's 2023 opening is in between Winter and Spring, I'm not sure if opening them close to one another was always the plan. Then again, the movie was probably also impacted by COVID as well, so who knows.

Is Holiday 2024 still realistic for the coaster or is that wishful thinking at this point?

2025 also makes sense when looking at what's opening across the country. Universal Hollywood needs a reason for tourists to come to their park that year instead of just flying out to Orlando. A big coaster will do that.

I just realized Universal will open up six coasters in 2025. Fast and Furious: Hollywood Drift, Starfall Racers Side A/B, Donkey Kong Minecart Madness, Curse of the Werewolf, and the HTTYD coaster. Whoa.

Reusable set piece & can be saved for the future, like most props/sets

That's so sad seeing the Castle Theatre being gutted. It really is the end of an era. Hopefully they saved the giant Creature puppet! Speaking of which, this made its short-lived debut 14 years ago (July 1st, 2009)
View attachment 19121
Never Forget
I read that what did Creature of the Black Lagoon in was during HHN 2009 there was a fire during a performance of Bill and Ted's excellent Halloween Adventure and they decided not to bring it back following that incident maybe due to low attendance numbers?

After seeing that conceptual POV, I am so hyped, holy moly. I need 2025 to come NOW. An Intamin in California that isn't California Screamin (hush) or The Flash at Six Flags Discovery Kingdom feels crazy. If it drifts, this is going to be a game changer (especially with the little pops of floater and potential ejector airtime).

Universal Hollywood is in desperate need of a thrill machine, and it's finally cominggggg. Let's goooooo!

Last edited:
I hope they move it or go around it

Like the water fountain sign near the exit, it’s very nostalgic to many guests
I would hope they move the sign or build around it. Better yet build it on top of the station!
After seeing that conceptual POV, I am so hyped, holy moly. I need 2025 to come NOW. An Intamin in California that isn't California Screamin (hush) feels crazy. If it drifts, this is going to be a game changer (especially with the little pops of floater and potential ejector airtime).

Universal Hollywood is in desperate need of a thrill machine, and it's finally cominggggg. Let's goooooo!
When Six Flags can’t afford a legit Intamin, Sea World is too restricted to build one, and Knott’s won’t work with them, USH steps up to the plate! Im convinced this will be the most popular ride in the park easy.

Amusement Insider decided to take a crack at it, and yeah no: this looks genuinely phenomenal.

If the ride is anything close to this...*whistles*, I think everyone is in for a treat! Terrain coasters can be wonderfully deceptive in the best way, and this looks to be no exception! Some of the launch combos look insane, and regardless of if it has the spinning element or not, I do believe we finally have a ride fitting for Fast and Furious.

I'm just wondering how some of these inversions will be taken with the controlled spinning trains. Would Universal be willing to let them rotate while upside down, or is that too disorientating?

I'm just hoping this coaster has a great lighting package... thats always been one of my complaints about the coasters at Six Flags & Knotts. They're just "dark" at night (which of course always made me roll my eyes when Six Flags tries promoting riding the coasters "in the dark" during Fright Fest as if it's a special experience)..

I'd hope the trains have lighting & unique lighting for the track. Especially since it'd fit the franchise. It's rumored to be Hollywood Drift, but "Tokyo Drift" was always my favorite.

Can we get WestCoast Customs to "pimp our coaster" with a Universal budget lol

I’m assuming the drifting/controlled spinning was considered in the first place so they direct the cars toward the sound barriers when needed.