Fast & Furious Attraction? | Page 22 | Inside Universal Forums

Fast & Furious Attraction?

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Will there be a Fast and Furious ride at UOR?

• Yes

Votes: 41 53.9%
  • No

Votes: 35 46.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder if the lukewarm reception to Supercharged over in Hollywood will make this news a little less exciting, unless this comes with concept art that shows it's far.. from.. that.

Reactions: martymcflyy85
Well considering both Twister and Disaster are closing around HHN (Be it before or after), and that's only a couple months away, it makes sense they's be announcing something around this time as a heads up.

This week seems a drastically early to announce a new attraction for Universal...when they didn't even officially announce Kong, Diagon Alley or Transformers until the rides were halfway built. I can see a closing announcement for Diaster/Twister (to make way for new attractions) on Thursday for sure. Announcing F&F for 2017 or 18? That's too Disney-ish for Universal.

Reactions: Talking Head
Announcement Thursday from what I've heard along with closure announcements for Disaster and Twister
We're like 2 years out from both of these being open and no construction started. I'm not gonna say it won't happen, but it certainly hasn't been their style. I'd think they'd wait until Kong opens.

I think it'll be just closing announcements. IF they announce a full attraction it'll be Fallon (which is still not booked til 2017 but eh, Universal announced Volcano Bay so it's not like they're that gun shy), and F&F would be extremely vague, vaguer than SWL... I know Twister will most likely be before Disaster at this rate. So I'm guessing Disaster will be just after the holidays.

So, my prediction right now:

Universal Orlando Resort announces plans for 'Jimmy Fallon' attraction and 'Fast and Furious' attraction. Former attractions 'Twister' and 'Disaster' set closing dates for November 1st, 2015 and January 4th, 2016 resepectively. (goes on to give specific details on 'Fallon' attraction, opening 2017) The 'Disaster' attraction, Universal notes, will be home to a future ride based on their 'Fast and Furious' franchise, but won't give out any more specifics. (something something Supercharged in USH)

Locking it in, Regis.

Like I said, I heard both are getting closing announcements but only F&F is being announced (unless plans change which is always possible with Universal)

As it is, both attractions have been granted reprieves several times already, but supposedly this will finally be it.

Reactions: AlexanderMBush
Like I said, I heard both are getting closing announcements but only F&F is being announced (unless plans change which is always possible with Universal)

As it is, both attractions have been granted reprieves several times already, but supposedly this will finally be it.
With the success of F&F7, this plan makes sense. Announce both closures and drop the F&F bomb.

As soon as this happens, mark my words, there will be several people on Disney boards saying "Ohhh, Universal is so scurred of Star Wars they just decided to build these attractions" :saw:

Reactions: AlexanderMBush
I'll say this. I think tomorrow is the F&F announcement with the closures of Disaster and Twister imment for the same week. But, what will they show...I think they will atleast have one piece of concept art and quotes by both Mark Woodbury and Mike West. Hollywoods F&F had concept art right when it was announced for us, and it would make sense to announce it with one piece of concept art. Now, what could it be? I'm leaning towards an aerial shot revealing the size of the area itself or just a piece of concept art much like the Hollywood announcement.

Status
Not open for further replies.