Fast & Furious Attraction? | Page 28 | Inside Universal Forums

Fast & Furious Attraction?

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Will there be a Fast and Furious ride at UOR?

• Yes

Votes: 41 53.9%
  • No

Votes: 35 46.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Personal attachment? How so?

When the 1st film came out in 2001 I was just getting in to Sport Compact and Import Cars. My little dodge neon was quite the ricer at the time and upon seeing The Fast and the Furious it gave me a desire to make the car nicer and use higher quality parts. By the time I sold that car it looked liked it would fit right in the film with a body kit, neon lights, and chrome wheels lol.

While building that car I was introduced to street racing which got me pretty involved with our local sport compact car scene. Eventually the Neon was sold and I got more and more involved with the local car scene. Eventually to the point where I owned the largest sport compact car related forum in Utah (until Facebook groups pretty much made it obsolete).

Nearly 15 years later I am still very actively involved with Sport Compact Cars despite no longer street racing. My forum may be dead but out of its ashes I now put on Utah's Largest car show every spring which actually makes me money. I also now own one of the rarest Honda's in America that gets tracked and shown at car shows regularly. Its a far cry from the trends of 2001 when that 1st curious film came out.

Anyways sorry for the story but my involvement with the sport compact car community has been a HUGE part of my life. And I can honestly say I owe it to that 1st furious film which inspired me to build a better vehicle.

That's why I have a personal attachment to the franchise.

Reactions: Mad Dog and tielo
Ya Welcome.

Given the space this attraction will have, it's most likely going to be simulated.
If I recall Universal built a multi level parking garage near the back of the employee parking lot for the sole purpose of freeing up land for a large attraction. Disaster backs up to wardrobe as well as the employee parking area so I could see them shutting off half of the current employee parking area and expanding the attractions footprint to that area as well as utilizing the new parking garage for employees.

If I recall Universal built a multi level parking garage near the back of the employee parking lot for the sole purpose of freeing up land for a large attraction. Disaster backs up to wardrobe as well as the employee parking area so I could see them shutting off half of the current employee parking area and expanding the attractions footprint to that area as well as utilizing the new parking garage for employees.
Not happening. The Wardrobe building is being expanded soon, but not moved.

So if/when they build this, is the Disaster building going to stay or are they knocking the whole thing down?

I don't want to get in the middle of this, as I don't have great info either way and only know the very basics of the project.

With that being said, I find it very hard to believe the attraction won't be a significantly upgraded version of Hollywood's at the very least, for a multitude of reasons. First, I can't think of a recent clone going from one side of the country to the other that wasn't significantly updated. Transformers is the only one that comes to mind, and that's because it was an 11 month build. Kong, Simpsons, Despicable Me, and Potter are all significantly different or will be different. Not to mention there's a pretty solid track record of USF expanding on USH tram tour concepts for fully fleshed out rides.

On top of all this, we have the Beijing factor. The planners behind Beijing are pumping a lot of money into UC to have big, elaborate attractions that work on opening day of that park. I'm willing to bet it's why our Kong is going to be so great, and I'm willing to bet we see something similar here.

Could I be wrong? Sure. But I have a hard time believing this is a simple port.

So if/when they build this, is the Disaster building going to stay or are they knocking the whole thing down?

Knocking it down.

:agree: Besides the fact they are closing 2 attractions to open 1.... and I can imagine the Disaster building cannot be in the best condition after over 2 decades of fire and floods again and again for 365 days and repeat.

Reactions: martymcflyy85
I really hope its more than a Simpsons simulator. That's what I'm prepared for, but man, I can't wrap my head around the fact they actually have room to do a cool ride, one that actually moves at various speeds through different rooms. I accept the screens, just hope there's more.

Status
Not open for further replies.