Fast & Furious: Supercharged - General Discussion | Page 13 | Inside Universal Forums

Fast & Furious: Supercharged - General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Lol ... so basically 2017 is when we get some filler attractions, but then, if Nintendo land will be as grand as I hope it will be, then perhaps I can make my peace with his.

I'll admit that I haven't been terribly happy with where this project has seemingly been going, but Teebin's rather emphatic and confident info really kind of bums me out. Between the rumors surrounding the Fallon project and now the news that we’re just getting a clone of Hollywood’s underwhelming F&F experience, Universal had REALLY better bring the wow factor with Kong (I believe they will) and with Nintendo to make up for this pair of - what appear to be on the surface - complete nonstarters that will do nothing to either address the needs of the park (in Fallon’s case) or fully utilize the potential of the I.P. (in F&F’s case). It's disappointing.

It sounds like 2017 is the year I save a little money and sit out the theme parks. Here's hoping Nintendo brings the goods in 2018 (and by "goods" I mean roughly two all-ages dark rides and a thrilling Mario Kart racing attraction, since we're not getting one with Fast and Furious).

I want to just point this out for reference..

Transformers in Hollywood started construction in September 2009 and as people know, it opened May 2012. Then in the case of Orlandos counterpart, that same attraction opened up about ten months after the walls came up for the clone in Late May/Early June of 2012-2013 for soundstage 44 (If I'm wrong there, correct me as I'd love to know).

Taking that into perspective, Fast and Furious started construction by demolishing the Mummy tunnel at Hollywood in September of 2013 and opened in June of this year. Doesn't that seem a little too off for a project that's supposedly a clone if its aimed to open for Late 2017? And I get it, it might be due to the larger demolishment of the left side of San Fran but you got a lot of construction time if your aiming for Late 2017.

Transformers:
Hollywood - 32 Months from Backdraft closing to the Ride Opening.
Orlando - 12/13 Months from Stage 44 Demolishment to Ride Opening.

Fast and Furious:
Hollywood - 22 Months from Mummy Tunnel closure to Opening of Animation.
(Estimated if its still Late 2017) Orlando - 25/27 Months from Disaster closure to Ride Opening.

(These are all estimated and I looked from StudioTour, and other places)
You have to remember that Fallon and Volcano Bay are 2017 as well. The ride may well be ready far before it opens, however, they need to space out their openings in order to create hype.

The building that houses the attraction in USH is waaaaaay smaller than the space being used for our version. Unless they really are planning on a giant car showcase with a 45 second simulation at the end, I don't see how this can be a cut and paste clone. I think Universal has something up their sleeves with this.

I think what will happen is the content from USH will be used, but it will be a part of a larger, more extensive attraction, much like Kong.

Building an entire new show building so that they can have a giant car showcase in the queue and exit makes little sense unless the ride is going to, ya know, actually be good.

Not necessarily doubting what Teebin has said but assuming it's true and doesn't change, I think this attraction could be a huge flop. It just doesn't add up to take an element from a tram ride and turn it into a standalone attraction and be successful. I'm not a fan of the F&F franchise so I'm kind of indifferent to this. To me the bigger issue here is what impact a potential flop could have for the resort as a whole. If Comcast doesn't see a movement in attendance with this could this potentially make them rethink how much money they put into the resort. I could see it potentially going either way, perhaps they conclude that new attractins aren't really helping and cut funding or perhaps they could realize that a clone like this isn't enough and increase spending. I guess only time will tell what this actually ends up being and what kind of reception it gets and affect it has on the resort.

Reactions: Blue
Are there any satellite maps that show hollywood's version? I cannot find it on google or bing maps.

fyzUutU.jpg

Nothing about this being a clone adds up. The one thing that does is that if Hollywood's comes here, it will FLOP. It's literally the exact opposite of what we need. We need less screen based attractions, we need a good F&F attraction, we "need" an e-ticket to replace the d-ticket and show. (this is looser, but if they ARE replacing a d-ticket and a show, they better have an actual good e-ticket in its place, not the tram thing which I would barely qualify as a c-ticket) Everything about the idea of a clone coming sounds downright terrible.