Fast & Furious: Supercharged - General Discussion | Page 160 | Inside Universal Forums

Fast & Furious: Supercharged - General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
FF Supercharged could have Test Track type ending, 65mph race to finish! given it's immediate access/proximity to Hogwarts Express hidden 1,000ish metre straight line!?

(Bursts out of existing ride building, at previously mentioned 'turn' with STours type windscreen attached to vehicle, so cannot actually see the outdoors)

View attachment 4030
View attachment 4031
It could. But Universal does not believe in having F&F a Flagship attraction. Bad move on their end. This will probably be a normal people eater and great ride but still disappointing that they didnt do more.

Reactions: Coasted
One positive over Test Track/Radiator Racers, F&F is probably going to have a very large capacity. So, no super long lines like Test Track/Radiator Racers, which have pretty low capacity.....Lately, Universal is really into high capacity attractions, with the exception of Despicable Me that was re using a low capacity system.

One positive over Test Track/Radiator Racers, F&F is probably going to have a very large capacity. So, no super long lines like Test Track/Radiator Racers, which have pretty low capacity.....Lately, Universal is really into high capacity attractions, with the exception of Despicable Me that was re using a low capacity system.
While Test Track is fun, I can see why Universal would opt not to have that style attraction in their parks. Test Track is generic with long lines . F&F would have long lines because of its name, then add a Test Track style ride? Ohhh crowdeddddddd! I do agree about Uni being into high capacity attractions. I Just hope this is longer than Kong.

Reactions: Coasted and Mad Dog
High capacity is great and will help in the park it's in, but high quality should be even more important.

High capacity is great and will help in the park it's in, but high quality should be even more important.
It will be nice when queues begin to fade away..At the moment Universal is clearly trying to kill lines and waiting, which is good...

At the end of the day though, it's the ride that counts

Idi
I did say "one" positive. :lol: I'm still a bit of a skeptic on the ride but I'm keeping my fingers crossed that the ride before the 360 room will be better & different from Hollywood. But, after riding Kong, I have no problems with another, different IP, 360 room experience. Best two minutes I've ever experienced in a theme park. If the ride stays exactly the same as Hollywood, then I'll surely be in the ho hum column...

FF Supercharged could have Test Track type ending, 65mph race to finish! given it's immediate access/proximity to Hogwarts Express hidden 1,000ish metre straight line!?

(Bursts out of existing ride building, at previously mentioned 'turn' with STours type windscreen attached to vehicle, so cannot actually see the outdoors)

View attachment 4030
View attachment 4031

Something like this?

Even though it's using actors and not cartoons, if the people are inside cars and moving about, you could get away with so much before people realise how fake they looked.

Ideally, the whole San Francisco area would be remodelled to reflect the ride as as far as I can remember, they never go there in any of the movies and it seems like it's easier to send them there than to change the area about the ride.

Ideally, I'd like something similar to Test Track with a good bit of speed built in. As big as that plot of land is though, you're never going to get up to anything above 40mph. The only possible way would be to have a stretch of track that extends out over the car park to the west of the land and have it move above or below the HE track. You'd obviously have to keep the track covered as to not waste the illusion plus you'd get the benefit of being able to run the ride without the weather affecting it. They could explain the covered track by saying you're in a tunnel or something.

Weirdly, Test Track fits perfectly into the area.

aTz76Nh.jpg

I can see how the coaster idea lends itself to the IP but if Universal add another coaster, I want it to be something that they don't already have like a wing coaster or a RMC and none of them would make sense.

I'm happy they decided against the broken window style. I get that it's themed that way to be an old factory/warehouse (in what appears to be a bad neighborhood with gunshot holes in the glass)... but most people will see broken windows and think it looks bad for a first class theme park.

Kind of like Chester and Hester's Dino-Rama. I think that it's a wonderfully, realistically themed dinosaur roadside attraction (tourist trap) but guests often complain about it's lack of theming, as it just looks like carnival rides in a parking lot... even though it has been carefully themed to look like that.

Photo of test window inset from Bio back in Feb, gunshot holes and all:
C79fLLSXgAE5mgA.jpg

Versus what they seem to be going with instead, also from Bio:
C9FrZH8XUAALMLL.jpg

Reactions: JPRA513 and Joel