Fast & Furious: Supercharged - General Discussion | Page 322 | Inside Universal Forums

Fast & Furious: Supercharged - General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I know others have denied universal needing to announce something else with this ride being so bad, but they really might need to consider that. This is being trashed everywhere and the GP isn’t saving it. I’m not saying they will lose business, but this isn’t helping.

I seem to recall Brian saying a long time ago that UC realized that there was going to be issues with this attraction due to the lukewarm response in Hollywood , and that UC considered the alternative of starting over with a different concept, but in the end they stuck with dressing up the pig. Evidently, they should have chosen the alternative. Pigs just don't clean up well. ;)

With respect to the moderators, I agree with this. Posting all of these reviews does a good job to show the extent to which the public dislikes the attraction. It adds to the discussion. Just my opinion.
I think that the majority of people on this site use those social media sites, so it may seem like overkill when more than 2 posts from twitter or wherever are posted on here.

I think that the majority of people on this site use those social media sites, so it may seem like overkill when more than 2 posts from twitter or wherever are posted on here.
Pretty much this. We get the idea. No need to keep doing it. This ride sucks.

Reactions: Ryan
Huh? We all do the same exact thing when Bioreconstruct tweets out a bunch of pictures. Someone posts the tweets here in multiple posts because you can't add more than 5. Would you rather people post, "there are new pictures on twitter... go look them up yourself!!!"

Ok, ok. ONE MORE and then I'm done posting twitter reactions, I swear. It's too funny not to post.

Huh? We all do the same exact thing when Bioreconstruct tweets out a bunch of pictures. Someone posts the tweets here in multiple posts because you can't add more than 5. Would you rather people post, "there are new pictures on twitter... go look them up yourself!!!"
No but when it's all negative it's not exactly something people yearn to keep seeing. Now new construction pics on say the new harry potter coaster is something that is changing every day, it's not like bio is posting pics of the same coaster support from a different angle. That would be :deadhorse: like you are doing.

While I agree that it would still be derided either way, this has the unfortunate side effect of diminishing the impact of other screen-based rides as a result of its failure.

Rather than going, “that was horribly paced, badly acted, and a poor use of the IP”, people will go, “ugh, another screen ride”, which does a disservice to rides like FoP and Spidey, and could potentially bring developments in screen tech for parks to a grinding halt.

Sorry but explain to me how I am spamming the thread? I'm posting reviews from the GP being posted in real time on the opening day of a major attraction in a thread about the attraction in question. Spam implies I'm posting the same tweets over and over when I am actually posting them as they come in.

I find them interesting and directly related to what we are discussing in the thread... in particular the responses from Universal. Remembering back to other ride openings on this forum and we were doing the exact same thing (updates via social media from the GP). The only difference here is that these are negative.

With respect to the moderators, I agree with this. Posting all of these reviews does a good job to show the extent to which the public dislikes the attraction. It adds to the discussion. Just my opinion.

Listen, we all knew the ride was gonna be a doodoo storm of negativity. You’ll be hard pressed finding anyone (even those who had a more “positive” review) defend the ride. We’re all on the same page. Posting twitter reviews back to back to back without expounding it into any thoughts is beating a dead horse at this point.

Listen, we all knew the ride was gonna be a doodoo storm of negativity. You’ll be hard pressed finding anyone (even those who had a more “positive” review) defend the ride. We’re all on the same page. Posting twitter reviews back to back to back without expounding it into any thoughts is beating a dead horse at this point.
I hear you. However it's worth pointing out that PLENTY of people were saying "THE GP WILL LIKE IT!!" over and over and over again. So no... I wouldn't be hard pressed at all finding people who defended the ride. There were plenty right after soft opening on this very forum claiming the initial negative reaction was from theme park nerds only and not from the general public. There is a little bit of revisionist history going on here.

The ride just soft opened up to the public last week and "officially" opened today. I don't know about you but I am interested in hearing reactions, good or bad. This thread will die off on it's own in due time but I think a Twitter review embargo as the ride opens is a bit much for this forum.

I feel like this ride should be classified as a “moving theater” attraction akin to Universe of Energy or Great Movie Ride. It really isn’t much of a “ride” per se, you just pull in front of show scenes and stop for a long duration of time.

I feel like this ride should be classified as a “moving theater” attraction akin to Universe of Energy or Great Movie Ride. It really isn’t much of a “ride” per se, you just pull in front of show scenes and stop for a long duration of time.
There are bumps, motion, and effects though... So more like a moving simulator than a theater. I actually like how believable the landing after the ramp jump at the end feels. But yea, not much of a ride as people are probably expecting when they get in line. The party ahead of me kept saying "I bet this is like Test Track" the whole time in line. I felt bad for them.

Question for those of you who have been paying attention,

How is this response akin to the openings of Jimmy Fallon and Kong?

Question for those of you who have been paying attention,

How is this response akin to the openings of Jimmy Fallon and Kong?
There seems to be a little more anger this time than Fallon. People seemed to like Kong for the most part when it opened, although the biggest complaint was that it was too short. Biggest complaint about Fallon was it was more screens right next to Despicable Me/Shrek, but people liked the queue entertainment at least.

This time, sounds like a lot of folks might be fed up.

I hear you. However it's worth pointing out that PLENTY of people were saying "THE GP WILL LIKE IT!!" over and over and over again. So no... I wouldn't be hard pressed at all finding people who defended the ride. There were plenty right after soft opening on this very forum claiming the initial negative reaction was from theme park nerds only and not from the general public. There is a little bit of revisionist history going on here.

Not at all. The problem isn’t posting twitter reviews and saying “looks like the GP isn’t taking to this ride either” - it’s the drive-by postings of the twitter reviews. As stated, posting without expounding your thoughts is beating the dead horse.

This also is a small sample size. People on Twitter were bashing Fallon, too and it was used as evidence of the ride being crap; yet the GSAT says different. Not saying this will be the same result - but just pointing out the situation.

Reactions: Ryan