Fast & Furious: Supercharged - General Discussion | Page 327 | Inside Universal Forums

Fast & Furious: Supercharged - General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I think we also have to keep in mind that Universal doesn't give a flip what we think. They knew the ride sucked because the feedback on Supercharged since it debuted at USH in 2015 was TERRIBLE, with the same commentary on awful scripting, embarrassingly bad CGI, too similar to Kong just experienced earlier, etc. And that was three years ago, plenty of time for them to change the course of anything being built here. Forget all the terrible reviews you've read for Florida (and maybe didn't care to read for Hollywood?), USH's may have had more vitriol from guests because their marketing can be especially deceptive when it comes to Studio Tour additions. They often claims it's a new ride and on their TV spots, don't show the people experiencing it on a Studio Tour tram but instead a faux makeshift ride vehicle. At least Orlando's ads are truthful in showing a family watching screens on the sides while being shaken a bit.

universal-studios-hollywood-fast-and-furious-supercharged-ride-small-8.jpg

But with all that said, the addition of Supercharged still helped the park increase attendance 4% that year. Which if USF grows by the same amount, that's 400k new guests and millions upon millions more dollars in their pocket. And at the end of the day, that's what Universal cares about. We hoped they would plus the attraction Kong-style to make it more passable as a standalone USF attraction but they knew exactly what they were doing and working with and how many guests they would continue to disappoint.

It's sad that Universal is treating rides like if they were movies, just hoping for big returns on the initial investment, and not caring that people usually live with these attractions for 20-plus years. All of Universal's screen-heavy output for the past decade has created a terrible imbalance to the offerings in the park. Sure, the decision to add Supercharged is great for marketing, corporate synergy, and will get even more families to visit this year. But it's at the expense of the overall experience of USF which, strangely enough with NEW additions, is declining as one of the best theme parks in the country.

I think there is a little bit of schadenfreude at the moment which is perfectly fine and reasonable. I agree with whoever said the over the top reactions might be for the best and that if the response was simply, "meh" it wouldn't be strong enough to reach the top of the food chain at Universal to send a message. The bad reaction to this might be very positive in the long run for the parks moving forward.
:agree:

From my perspective, as having spent about 35k on-site in the last 5 years, lost t2, disaster, beetlejuice, dragons, twister,night show....gained fallon. Yet to see ff. I am supposed to be thrilled? Gained kong too. Which is ok

Reactions: tankart150
Woke up this morning to see supercharged is now open for regular business. Since I'm going tomorrow I was happy. After reading all this now I'm depressed.

That's okay Universal. Just announce Lord of the Rings is coming and all is forgiven and forgotten.:)

From my perspective, as having spent about 35k on-site in the last 5 years, lost t2, disaster, beetlejuice, dragons, twister,night show....gained fallon. Yet to see ff. I am supposed to be thrilled? Gained kong too. Which is ok
Quoting myself:agree:, lost 4 and a night show. Gained fallon. Ff.......Is that a deal?
And the fallon pre show is good once. The ride is not as good as minions.

Reactions: tankart150

2014: Diagon (Gringotts and HE)
2015: Cleaning, loss of Twister, Beetlejuice, and Disaster
2016: Kong, Revamped Hulk, Sapphire
2017: Fallon, Volcano Bay, loss of Lagoon Show (Hurricane fastened the closure to happen)

And in 2018..

2018: Drupercharged, New Lagoon Show to replace previous, Adventura

And in 2019, sofar:

2019: Hogsmeade Coaster, Bourne, Surfside Resort.

It's not like we aren't getting anything at all.

I'm way behind. Is Universal planning on doing some kind of grand opening celebration for Supercharged?

The Media Event is on May 2nd.