Fast & Furious: Supercharged - General Discussion | Page 346 | Inside Universal Forums

Fast & Furious: Supercharged - General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
This is a jinxed location. :horror:When reading over the IU Disaster thread from when Disaster opened, Brian noted that the crowds disappeared two weeks after it opened...... Maybe just flatten that whole area and put a small Potter themed boutique hotel on the spot. ;):lol:

I wish the 360 scene took place at night. I could almost be excited by that.

Definitely. Just odd choices. Especially since Back To The Future: The Ride nearly 30 years ago in design(thanks to Douglas Trumbull) knew better to have the ride take place at night and dimly lit scenes to further the illusion by avoiding spoiling with light and distance.

this started before the attraction was even completed. Considering they are bringing this attraction overseas, I don't see it going anywhere for quite a while.

Like everything, I would imagine it will depend on multiple factors.
Mainly, if it continues to be as hated by everyone in the public as badly marketed and designed as it is(surely that will keep happening)
and how soon the next big Universal owned property for synergy or deal can be crafted so that there can be a replacement put inside the building.

I would be shocked if this ride lasts more than six or seven years. The ride film is already 4 years aged. Too much real estate if Universal has any kind of hit they can translate into a theme park attraction until then. The building is done and paid for, they can gut the insides.

Reactions: tankart150
Like everything, I would imagine it will depend on multiple factors.
Mainly, if it continues to be as hated by everyone in the public as badly marketed and designed as it is(surely that will keep happening)
and how soon the next big Universal owned property for synergy or deal can be crafted so that there can be a replacement put inside the building.

I would be shocked if this ride lasts more than six or seven years. The ride film is already 4 years aged. Too much real estate if Universal has any kind of hit they can translate into a theme park attraction until then. The building is done and paid for, they can gut the insides.
Universal has many other priorities for areas that need work. There's also the matter of the entire Southern Property. I think this attraction will be around for a while.

Unless Vin Diesel or The Rock or someone gets into quite the predicament and makes this become a blemish on the park. Maybe that would make them want to remove it sooner.
great idea, pure genius....now if we can just find some 'past sordid relationships' that will sully their reps for this 'family ride', by jove, that just may work. :celebrate:

Last edited:
Reactions: DK745
Definitely. Just odd choices. Especially since Back To The Future: The Ride nearly 30 years ago in design(thanks to Douglas Trumbull) knew better to have the ride take place at night and dimly lit scenes to further the illusion by avoiding spoiling with light and distance.
However when shooting 3D you want to avoid shooting black on white. If you have a day background and a white (or light) foreground you get crosstalk. Even Flight Of Passage has that when you're in the dark cave and the white glowing things decsend - the ones furtherest out split into two flat images. This has always been an issue with 3D.

Looking at "observed" wait times for the resort on the TP apps, it sure doesn't look like the huge footprint F&F feature attraction has spiked attendance. So, bottom line, if that holds up, it's a big fail.

Reactions: Disneyhead