Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Fast & Furious: Supercharged - General Discussion

This ride is going to fuse everything you love about the films with an original storyline and incredible ride technology. You’ll get to check out some of the high-speed, supercharged cars you’ve seen on the big screen. You’ll be immersed in the underground racing world made famous in the films and explore the headquarters of Toretto and his team. Then, you’ll board specially-designed vehicles for an adrenaline-pumping ride with your favorite stars from the films.

No mention of it being set in San Francisco. Hmm...

It sounds interesting. I'm hoping that the only screens we see will be for the stars. This ride really doesn't need them to be amazing.

4280704.jpg

Earthquake nostalgia post in 3, 2, 1.....

I shed half a tear to see Earthquake being leveled (as JungleSkip stated in the other thread) because it really was a marvel of technical engineering at the time. I mean, imagine being told "I need you to simulate an earthquake in a subway station with water, fire, a truck falling through the ceiling, and a crashing subway car that can reset in 90 seconds and cycle every 6 minutes for the next 25 years".

Now that I got that out of my system, good riddance. I will volunteer to press the plunger on the Acme TNT detonator.

Does anyone have the text of the original article copied to compare what else has changed since yesterday?

Well, nice to see it finally announced after yesterday's snafu. I'm also glad I made my last ride on Disaster this past February a memorable one (got my fiancé picked for audience participation. He still can't stop talking about what an awesome experience that was for him. Disclaimer, it was his first time every to Universal LOL).

As said above, it's interesting that they dropped the San Francisco reference. Could that change? I mean, it says we start out in Dominic's and his family's main base, which in the F&F canon is in LA. It would then be weird to jump into the ride and all of a sudden you're in SF. Or maybe I WAY overthinking it lol!

And on a slight off topic question, does anyone know even a time window when Beetlejuice will be closing? I'm not exactly a huge fan (a shame, because I LOVE the Universal classic monster) but my fiancé was crushed we didn't see it on our last trip. He's really hoping to see it on our honeymoon the last week of October-First week of November. If it's even showing due to HHN.

Well, nice to see it finally announced after yesterday's snafu. I'm also glad I made my last ride on Disaster this past February a memorable one (got my fiancé picked for audience participation. He still can't stop talking about what an awesome experience that was for him. Disclaimer, it was his first time every to Universal LOL).

As said above, it's interesting that they dropped the San Francisco reference. Could that change? I mean, it says we start out in Dominic's and his family's main base, which in the F&F canon is in LA. It would then be weird to jump into the ride and all of a sudden you're in SF. Or maybe I WAY overthinking it lol!

And on a slight off topic question, does anyone know even a time window when Beetlejuice will be closing? I'm not exactly a huge fan (a shame, because I LOVE the Universal classic monster) but my fiancé was crushed we didn't see it on our last trip. He's really hoping to see it on our honeymoon the last week of October-First week of November. If it's even showing due to HHN.
When we went on Disaster a couple of years ago, my GF kept pointing to me, behind my back, to get picked for the scene. But to her surprise they picked her instead. Needless to say she had a memorable blast participating in the filmed scene.

I just really hope they keep the SanFran setting and make the new ride building look like a really nice SanFran street. By removing Beetlejuice :frown: they can really extend SF into something nice. This gives Universal the opportunity to improve the themeing around the area (the Harry Potter Effect) and I'm sure people won't really care that the ride is set in SF instead of LA.

The art with the cars in the Que.Makes it look look like they are not changing much in the Que .Are they expanding the building or just making everything fit in current building ? Indoor and outdoor sections ?