Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Fast & Furious: Supercharged - General Discussion

Does it seem like Universal is trying to avoid talking about F&F Supercharged on their social media platforms? Usually they’ll tweet jokes about rides or quote different rides but they never seem to be about F&F. Even with the all the Vin Diesel family memes they avoided F&F and went with E.T. instead. I’m probably looking way too into this but I found it kind of funny

Lead TM of ET passed away in a car crash July 4th.

I agree with others and have always said that the F&F ride should be like Hagrids, a fast and exciting coaster with some indoor and outside elements. The ride is just terrible and was back in Hollywood before they brought it to Florida. The cue is the best part of the ride. I don't think there's a quick fix for this ride without gutting it and starting over. This ride can only be a fast coaster/dark ride combo not a tour bus. I do think the brand needs to be in the park but whoever came up with the current ride should be fired. I'm not sure how it even got pass the drawing board.

Has anyone encountered the TM playing Pat who will introduce himself as, “Pat as in People Are Terrible” and play the character like they don’t give a crap? I was DYING laughing at their take on the first spiel. They’re literally making fun of the pre show and the ride throughout the bit and absolutely nailed it. I was dragged into F&F by a friend last weekend and this TM made the experience totally worth it!

Has anyone encountered the TM playing Pat who will introduce himself as, “Pat as in People Are Terrible” and play the character like they don’t give a crap? I was DYING laughing at their take on the first spiel. They’re literally making fun of the pre show and the ride throughout the bit and absolutely nailed it. I was dragged into F&F by a friend last weekend and this TM made the experience totally worth it!
The Team Members at preshows MAKE this ride worth it. They are literally the ONLY saving grace.

I recently spoke with a young lady, (a business associate). I mentioned that I recently visited Universal Orlando. She immediately, (totally unprompted) mentioned the F&F ride and said it was the worst ride in the parks. I was blown away. A passive theme park goer finds this ride to be so horrible. That speaks volumes about this ride.

I recently spoke with a young lady, (a business associate). I mentioned that I recently visited Universal Orlando. She immediately, (totally unprompted) mentioned the F&F ride and said it was the worst ride in the parks. I was blown away. A passive theme park goer finds this ride to be so horrible. That speaks volumes about this ride.
It has a 'Rep' for sure. :lol:

The only way to save this ride is to make it a combo roller coaster/dark ride somewhat like Gringotts imho. The ride was bad out in California and they decided to bring a bad ride to Universal Orlando. I do think they need a FF ride in the park to represent that franchise but the execution was all wrong. I think they should take bus part out and have real cars racing beside the coaster that is almost like Hagrids. The main car should be Vin's Black Challenger and racing other cars that are real and on movie screens. As the ride sits now, we don't even go on it anymore due to how bad it is.

I was thinking of ways to upgrade this attraction…

What if, at the end of the ride, they had a hyper realistic AA of Vin Diesel saying “Welcome to the family…” and he names everyone in the bus a la E.T.? “Welcome to the family…Brian, Brittany, Melissa, Peter, Renee, Harold, Jeffrey…”
Nah, not enough to help a really really bad 360 screen scene.....Universal knows it's bad. They cancelled it for Beijing last minute after the scorching feedback in Orlando.

Nah, not enough to help a really really bad 360 screen scene.....Universal knows it's bad. They cancelled it for Beijing last minute after the scorching feedback in Orlando.

It's crazy...you see the Google reviews of pretty much every ride at Universal that are very positive (above 4*), including rides I am shall we say not crazy about. And then F&F has a 1.8*.

The fact that Universal hasn’t done anything to this ride, gaining terrible rep from almost anyone who visits and is now being left to rot with its few years of being open is baffling. Demolish this already!
It's actually nice to have open to absorb some of the crowds

I AGREE, SHUTTER IT!

It's actually nice to have open to absorb some of the crowds

I AGREE, SHUTTER IT!
It’s not a good crowd absorber when there’s a walk on queque pretty much every time. It’s not even the ride system’s fault as Reign of Kong is a pretty enjoyable ride but that at least had good theming effort and the video portion alongside the movements are good. This on the other hand… even my dad who isn’t that critical on rides enjoyed Jimmy Fallon and abhorred F&F…

It’s not a good crowd absorber when there’s a walk on queque pretty much every time. It’s not even the ride system’s fault as Reign of Kong is a pretty enjoyable ride but that at least had good theming effort and the video portion alongside the movements are good. This on the other hand… even my dad who isn’t that critical on rides enjoyed Jimmy Fallon and abhorred F&F…
It was certainly not a walk-on this summer, quite the opposite

I think word is getting around about how bad it is though..

My parents and my friend's parents both also enjoyed Fallon quite a bit.

The fact that Universal hasn’t done anything to this ride, gaining terrible rep from almost anyone who visits and is now being left to rot with its few years of being open is baffling. Demolish this already!

This is tied with “why hasn’t volcano bay opened a new ride yet” as the most insane things on this forum. Oh and the assertions that x is the worst scare zone ever.

This is tied with “why hasn’t volcano bay opened a new ride yet” as the most insane things on this forum. Oh and the assertions that x is the worst scare zone ever.
You consider these insane? You know what I find insane? Anybody talking about the Future of Kidzone. We already know the answer to that one. It will go on existing….forever. Nothing can stop it. It just keeps going and going and going.

You consider these insane? You know what I find insane? Anybody talking about the Future of Kidzone. We already know the answer to that one. It will go on existing….forever. Nothing can stop it. It just keeps going and going and going.
I prefer to view the Future of Kidzone thread as a slow, but necessary exorcism of Kidzone that will eventually succeed.