Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Festival of Fantasy

Already? Safety reasons? Broken? Cost cutting measure? An effect not working after just two days has to be a record, even for WDW and TDO lately. :)
If they ever did stop it this early, I highly doubt it would be a cost cutting thing. Could be complaints from parents of scared children that cause it to eventually stop though...

[video=youtube;L3JKWq0_QIA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L3JKWq0_QIA[/video]

I didnt want to start another thread but this is so cool.

I didnt want to start another thread but this is so cool.

That is pretty awesome, and something that they really didn't have to do. All around I think this is definitely a win for MK, which is looking good with the new hub project as well. Investments without a lot focus on ROI. That's good for the park.

I thought that was today... until I figured out that it was 2012. Hm.
Yeah, they've always done a Rainy Day Cavalcade. I wasn't crazy enough to be in the park today to find out if they did something like this, but I don't really see why they would stop (although you never know these days).

I was in the park today and yes, they did the Rainy Day Cavalcade because there was thunder/lightning in the area.

Wow I completely avoided this thread. Saw the parade a month ago when I first joined the site and...eh it's ok. Fantasia, pan and air balloon floats were nice and colorful but the crown jewel is the dragon of course, that thing is so badass in person. It's what you expect from a parade, cheesy song, colorful costumes and tons of angry people fighting for spaces in the line (that hub can't come soon enough) I honestly find the thing as a whole to be underwhelmingly uncreative. I miss the days when parades experimented with ideas and had their own personalities like the old dream catcher parade at Epcot and the one at AK. This one feels like "Disney am I right?" And pretty much nothing else. It's not bad but it's not spectacular. 10x better than the parade that was there before though

Wow I completely avoided this thread. Saw the parade a month ago when I first joined the site and...eh it's ok. Fantasia, pan and air balloon floats were nice and colorful but the crown jewel is the dragon of course, that thing is so badass in person. It's what you expect from a parade, cheesy song, colorful costumes and tons of angry people fighting for spaces in the line (that hub can't come soon enough) I honestly find the thing as a whole to be underwhelmingly uncreative. I miss the days when parades experimented with ideas and had their own personalities like the old dream catcher parade at Epcot and the one at AK. This one feels like "Disney am I right?" And pretty much nothing else. It's not bad but it's not spectacular. 10x better than the parade that was there before though

I rather watch this one that any parade at Universal. (Just responding in a similar way you would)

I rather watch this one that any parade at Universal. (Just responding in a similar way you would)

Not true, I'm not a big fan of any parade out there and superstar is on par with festival for me. I don't get the mentality that if I don't like something at Disney it's x10 better at universal and vice versa. Seems like you guys are just too used to that

Last edited:
Not true, I'm not a big fan of any parade out there and superstar is on par with festival for me. I don't get the mentality that if I don't like something at Disney it's x10 better at universal and vice versa. Seems like you guys are just too used to that
Oh come on. Superstar is a nice parade to help keep people in the park longer and expand their audience, but besides that, the parade isn't all that great if you're over the age of 7. My only problem with FOF is that the music kinda sucks. Other than that, it's a huge improvement and a very high caliber parade.

Oh come on. Superstar is a nice parade to help keep people in the park longer and expand their audience, but besides that, the parade isn't all that great if you're over the age of 7. My only problem with FOF is that the music kinda sucks. Other than that, it's a huge improvement and a very high caliber parade.

Superstar isn't bad but needs some improvements, I like the interactivity but c'mon hop really? Yeah no question it's way better than the last parade, oh my god that thing was just ughhhh. Take a shot everytime they said the word dream, you'll die

If you haven't seen the really messed up Festival of Fantasy the other day, here it is. Audio sync problems, floats playing wrong units music, float animation not working, Maleficient not moving, Mickey hot air ballon completely deflated and floats malfunctioning!

I've never seen it so not sure that I would know the difference.

Issues and mistakes happen, no story here. Now if it's till happening June 14th and have been every showing till then, that'll be a story.

There's a Mickey air balloon... I don't think this was working when we saw it.

I have worked for this company for ten years. I get free admission. I literally can see the castle from my apartment and live a mere chain link fence away. I have still not seen this parade. Is it any good? This is the one with that weird steampunk Maleficent, right?