Finlays | Inside Universal Forums

Finlays

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
That's not what we're hearing. International Cafe is more likely to become a Starbucks than Finlays by my estimation.

Poor Finlays.

Originally it was destined to be a Starbucks express location, and then the rumor went around that Starbucks pulled out since they demanded Universal give them an actual venue. The building was already being built so it was made into a snack stand... painted like a Starbucks. So they repainted it and now it's boarded up.

Poor Finlays.

Last edited by a moderator:
Very odd. I really hope this doesn't just sit around like the WWW Stunt Show did for awhile. The fact that all the windows have been boarded up and painted over is not a good sign.

I hate the name Finlay's. So random. I'd make it a snack location that can serve "unique" treats, not just generic theme park snacks. Or I'd make it a Mel's Diner Express. Paint it in a retro red and chrome color scheme, and serve some quick snacks like fries and chicken tenders and other fried snacks or...idk. Just something with a better theme and purpose than Finlay's....

Something very "Hollywood" or "Golden Age of Hollywood" or something "cinematic" themed would be cool, since it's close to Universal Plaza.

Or better yet, theme it something British! (No, not Potter). Since it's literally right next to the British themed street, they should theme it to something British and quick. Mr. Bean's Twisted Treats? Idk

If that little Starbucks story is true, then USH really screwed itself over. I guess they don't do well with last minute changes. Random name, atrocious color scheme.. C'mon, now!

If that little Starbucks story is true, then USH really screwed itself over. I guess they don't do well with last minute changes. Random name, atrocious color scheme.. C'mon, now!
Well, Universal seems to finally be getting a Starbucks so that's all good. Now it's the matter of what to do with that stand.

Cinnabon or another popular chain would be nice. Cinnabon preferably since that left the park.

Hey, how about a turkey leg and chimichanga stand? Universal could use some good deep-fried burritos.

I totally forgot Cinnabon is gone now.

I vividly recall food service attendants loved working there because they'd do next to nothing all day haha.

Reactions: William
Though I sadly don't have a photo to post at the moment, Finlay's newest burgundy color scheme actually blends in really well when looking at it from the Minion Way and Baker Street intersection. Third time's the charm, eh?

If we have another Cinnabon, I'll be a happy camper. I have an unhealthy addiction to Cinnabon's cinnamon rolls.