First time at Universal this August | Page 2 | Inside Universal Forums

First time at Universal this August

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Yes, Stay More Save More, if you're going for more than a few days, is generally better than APH rates....Even though we live in Pennsylvania, we get Annual Passes. You can't beat the rates if you're on a fairly long vacation.
We're in PA too!
:)
Buying AP for all of us doesn't work - can't justify the $100 more per person as we won't be going more than once this year. But, what I'm looking at is maybe buying an AP for one of us to benefit from the discounts in the parks/restaurants.

Reactions: Mad Dog
The 10-15% discounts look good... but what I think I'm reading is that if I want to use the AP to buy the multi-day passes, I have to buy at the gate price. So, I wouldn't actually be saving $127 dollars, because the starting price of the tickets would be higher.

Anybody know if you can use an AP to buy discounted Season Passes? (I'm thinking no... but a girl can dream!)

Yeah, I hadn't considered the at gate price. I can't find the at gate price online, but it says "up to $20 off per ticket" on the website. Even paying an extra $60, you should get a $134 discount, which would be $74 of your extra for your annual pass. That leaves $26. You are going to spend well over $260 in food and merch in 4 days, so it's still a big savings.

Thats a "no" on AP discount on buying a season pass. I looked into that myself at one point.

Reactions: lighttech
Thats a "no" on AP discount on buying a season pass. I looked into that myself at one point.

Thanks. Figured as much.
I think where we are is deciding if we want to buy 1 AP and have the discounts available to us, or buy the season passes for all 4 of us and have the option of the extra evening in the park.
I'm also looking into Undercover Tourist and Mousesavers, although, buying from anyone other than Universal always makes me a bit nervous. (I just don't really know anything about them.)

Thanks. Figured as much.
I think where we are is deciding if we want to buy 1 AP and have the discounts available to us, or buy the season passes for all 4 of us and have the option of the extra evening in the park.
I'm also looking into Undercover Tourist and Mousesavers, although, buying from anyone other than Universal always makes me a bit nervous. (I just don't really know anything about them.)

The cheapest tickets I've seen are at LMTclub.com. They have the 4 day park hoppers for $265. You have to be a member, but doing a google search you can find a free membership code. It's a little cheaper straight up than universals site, but not if you count in the AP discount. With the other two you mentioned, it looks cheaper to buy directly from Universal.

Another thing to consider is if you don't want to buy the season passes, but want the extra evening, it's only $10 apiece to upgrade to a 5 day pass. So with the AP discount, ~$25. Since you'd be buying the tickets at the gate, you could decide when you get there if it's worth another $25 to go in then.

I actually have a question. I might be staying on site in January and I can't find where to enter the pass holder code when looking at rates? (not technically a question but you get it)

I actually have a question. I might be staying on site in January and I can't find where to enter the pass holder code when looking at rates? (not technically a question but you get it)
So... I googled annual pass holder benefits and came back to an overview of benefits on this site (on the article/blog part - not the discussion board.) There was a link there that took me to the official universal page for APH benefits. From there, I was able to search for pass holder rates. There was no place for me to "enter" APH, it just came up as one of the "Offers and Rates" when I used that link. (I hope that made sense!)

So... I googled annual pass holder benefits and came back to an overview of benefits on this site (on the article/blog part - not the discussion board.) There was a link there that took me to the official universal page for APH benefits. From there, I was able to search for pass holder rates. There was no place for me to "enter" APH, it just came up as one of the "Offers and Rates" when I used that link. (I hope that made sense!)
That makes just enough sense thanks!

When you look up rates on the Uni site (and this only works on the Uni site), there is a spot for a promo code.

aph.jpg