Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Flamingo Crossings

Sep 22, 2011
Orlando
This is a project that has been in the works since the 2008 financial crisis and is only now starting to pick up steam and actually grow (ironically as we are headed towards another recession). A few hotels have already opened here and Disney College Program housing (10,400 bed) will be moved into this location from the current locations. Along with this, it's expected that a lot of commercial development will come to the area to support the thousands who will now call this area home, just outside the WDW gates near DAK and very close to Disney's new solar panel field.

Four hotels are currently planned to be built for the area with a fifth just added:
flamingo-crossings-phase-one-sat-image-permit-overlay-hotel-colored-1024x504.jpg

And a fifth hotel, a Hampton Inn, is being built next to two existing hotel (two budget Marriott hotels):
google-maps-hampton-inn-overlay-1024x533.jpg

There's also a 1,300 room apartment complex being built in the area:
flamingo-crossings-west-housing-google-overlay-1-1024x603.jpg

...and across the street is where the DCP Housing is being built, which has just gone vertical:
college-program-housing-flamingo-crossings-02122019-1-1024x682.jpg

flamingo-crossing-college-program-housing-map-permit-overlay-1024x906.jpg

Much thanks to Blog Mickey for the info and overlays.

PHOTOS: Vertical Construction Begins on New Disney College Program Housing at Flamingo Crossings - Blog Mickey
Permits Reveal Hampton Inn & Suites as Fifth Proposed Flamingo Crossings Hotel - Blog Mickey
Permits Filed for Even More Flamingo Crossings Multi-Family Apartments Near Disney's Animal Kingdom - Blog Mickey

If they want to use this area as a “town center” for CPs and working locals, why let the hotels build there? I mean, I guess they’re not going to turn down an offer or letter of intent to build a few hotels... you would think Disney would see the long-term value in moving a majority of CPs over to Flamingo Crossing, and out of Vista Way/Chatham Square... since those property values would be worth much more as hotels, outlets, etc.

Whhhhhhaaaaaaaaaaaaaatttttt!? They're moving CP housing over there? Oof. That kinda sucks.

If they want to use this area as a “town center” for CPs and working locals, why let the hotels build there? I mean, I guess they’re not going to turn down an offer or letter of intent to build a few hotels... you would think Disney would see the long-term value in moving a majority of CPs over to Flamingo Crossing, and out of Vista Way/Chatham Square... since those property values would be worth much more as hotels, outlets, etc.

I'm gonna be honest, as a former CP, I would not want to stay in a hotel near where the CPs live. lol

More CPs...yay
Not more, just moving them over much closer to Disney property. Disney will be vacating the older apartment complexes like Vista Way and Chatham, which as stated above, could have their land used for something much more profitable than CP housing.

Last edited:
Oh wow, didn't know they were putting DCP housing back there. Huge improvement...but then again I've seen how little care they put into the DCP Housing, so who knows how long it would stay at that level

Oh wow, didn't know they were putting DCP housing back there. Huge improvement...but then again I've seen how little care they put into the DCP Housing, so who knows how long it would stay at that level
The first DCP wave moving in to this area is supposed to be in June or so with the complex opening in phases.

New DCP housing concept art. Having done the DCP before and stayed in the housing, this is a massive improvement over what they're currently utilizing and the current campus grounds look like.
FlamingoCrossings_WestCC.jpg

FlamingoCrossings_Pool.jpg

disney-college-program-flamingo-crossings-village-1.jpg

FlamingoCrossings_Breezeway.jpg

Is this meant to supplement or replace existing DCP housing?

Is this meant to supplement or replace existing DCP housing?
I believe it is meant to replace. Places like Vista Way are run down significantly and weren't built for how many they are now stacking in a single room. Also, with these being basically on Disney property, it should cut down on DCP bus times as traffic will be far less and they will only be using Disney roads. The downside for the CP's is that they'll be living in the middle of nowhere.

Grainy Room pics:
img_0131.jpg

img_0132.jpg

"According to an email sent out to College Program participants, the new Flamingo Crossings Village will have a 24-hour community center, 24-hour fitness center, pools, 24-hour packaging room, computers, gaming area, jumbo screen, and multi-purpose rooms.

Each apartment will have a full-size washer and dryer, spacious kitchen area, a smart TV, and an electronic key system. The cost of the rooms will be anywhere from $165 to $205 per week and accommodate 4 Cast Members in either a 2-bedroom or 4-bedroom setup."

These honestly sound really great. I'm impressed. Completely out-classes the existing complexes.

Last edited:
Wow. I stayed in Chatham which wasn’t bad at all! But these??? It’s like staying at one of Disney’s hotels...probably better than some actually.

Wow. I stayed in Chatham which wasn’t bad at all! But these??? It’s like staying at one of Disney’s hotels...probably better than some actually.
I stayed at Patterson which was fine. Totally agree with what you're saying though. And you guys that haven't done the program really don't understand how big of a deal in-room washer and dryers are :lol:

Dreaming, - I could put my family of seven in a 4BR for a month at WDW for $820? And have amenities??? Sign me up for several, I can Air B&B them :$::peace:

TV or no TV? WD in room?? WiFi? Man I need the list for these...
:lol:

When I did the program, you had to bring stuff like a TV, but from the sounds of it, each apartment will come with a smart TV in the main living area. I can't fully remember on Internet (my program was 5 years ago), but I think it was included with monthly payment.

:lol:

When I did the program, you had to bring stuff like a TV, but from the sounds of it, each apartment will come with a smart TV in the main living area. I can't fully remember on Internet (my program was 5 years ago), but I think it was included with monthly payment.
If they include basic cable (D+ included) and Wifi I am in. Might just have to move there. Think anyone will notice I'm not really CP?

I just realized that I am miscalculating the cost? It is $205 a week per bed in the 4br? maybe?