Forbidden Journey Refurbishment (Update: Early Dec) | Page 13 | Inside Universal Forums

Forbidden Journey Refurbishment (Update: Early Dec)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Might it be possible that it cannot be shut down for an extended period contractually? They have obviously continued to diddle with it over time.
I would imagine that would be very unlikely. A ride that is unsafe or has desperately needed maintenance issues would have to shut down, contract or no contract.

A ride that is unsafe

Right, but if they are stripping down the vehicles one at a time and rebuilding them overtime it wouldn't interrupt anything. Mr Dragon has gone down and been rebuilt after a week and I am certain that maintenance has continued on the rotating screens.

A bit of a pisser for folks to have to work a third shift for a few weeks but that is how they could do it. Disney works differently as in the HM which went much to pot... torn scrims etc when they could have fixed that all in bits and pieces over time. Sadly, Disney doesn't budget like that. It's all or nothing with Disney and MK operations.

Reactions: Galaxy Defender
If we're refurbing, can we go ahead and add some element of movement back to that first whomping willow limb? It's so obviously lacking since they took out its motion.
Thinking about it, that is probably why the refurbishment is happening. They can't just take it out for a bit like the dragon, so they would need to close the whole ride.

Reactions: Cwoolboy
I would like to see an improvement in screen resolution. That first screen is blurry and sometimes has a double image.

The locker area needs major improvement, but I doubt that will happen with the refurb being so short.

Reactions: Mike S
So, the rumor is that they will take down the attraction during the height of the holidays? That doesn't make sense at all.
Eh, December 1-18 is actually fairly slow to normal crowds. Things start to pick up with "Big League" crowds right around the 3rd week of the month, which just happens to be the 18th or so. School's are still in session up until that time. It the last 2 week's of the month that are always packed from experience working in the parks.

Status
Not open for further replies.