Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Forum Upgrade Downtime

Would it be possible to differentiate read and unread thread titles a bit more? The difference is a bit hard to notice at a quick glance.

I underlined Unread threads and thinned the font for read ones. Does that help? Hopefully, everyone is good with that change.

Is there a way for alerts/notifications to automatically update/appear, as they used to on the previous version of the site? Currently, you have to refresh the page to see if there are any new ones. Or at least I do, anyway.

Not a big deal, but wanted to see if that's feasible.

When I open a notification, rather than taking me to the first 'New' comment, it takes me back to page 1. Doesn't happen every time, but definitely more than 50 % of the time. This is on a computer rather than mobile.

When I open a notification, rather than taking me to the first 'New' comment, it takes me back to page 1. Doesn't happen every time, but definitely more than 50 % of the time. This is on a computer rather than mobile.

I've noticed this but it only does it for a thread you haven't opened since the update. When you get a notification now on a thread you have since opened, it will take you to the last post you viewed.

I've noticed this but it only does it for a thread you haven't opened since the update. When you get a notification now on a thread you have since opened, it will take you to the last post you viewed.

That explains why it was only happening for me some of the time.

Is there a way for alerts/notifications to automatically update/appear, as they used to on the previous version of the site? Currently, you have to refresh the page to see if there are any new ones. Or at least I do, anyway.

Not a big deal, but wanted to see if that's feasible.

They do update. Not as fast before, but it does.

Heads up (you all probably already new this, but for those like me that didn't)

If you are using mobile (iOS or Android) you can add IU forums to your homescreen which makes it act like an app rather than a webpage. Basically means there will be no search bar at the top == more space

I tried this before the IU update and it didnt work

PS really enjoying the new update, thanks for all your hard work!

Ever since the forums were updated, I’ve found that I periodically no longer receive notifications from threads that I’m watching. Even though they’re marked as “watched,” there might be a multi-day (or multi-week!) backlog of replies, and I’ll have to “unwatch” and then “watch” again in order for the notifications to start up again.

Anybody else having this issue?

Ever since the forums were updated, I’ve found that I periodically no longer receive notifications from threads that I’m watching. Even though they’re marked as “watched,” there might be a multi-day (or multi-week!) backlog of replies, and I’ll have to “unwatch” and then “watch” again in order for the notifications to start up again.

I do too, although I only read one or two threads at the moment so it hasn’t bothered me much.

Just to clarify - when you say notifications, are you referring to the alerts in the corner or e-mails?

Just to clarify - when you say notifications, are you referring to the alerts in the corner or e-mails?
The alerts under the little bell icon in the corner. Usually replies to threads I'm watching will show up as an alert, but sometimes (not often, but enough that I've noticed it) these alerts do not appear for certain threads.

And it seems to happen only for those reply alerts; any other alerts (quotes of a comment I've made, mentions in a post, etc.) seem to show up as normal and without fail.

It's not a big deal, but I was just curious if anybody else had noticed this occurrence.

Has anybody being getting signed out recently?

Usually, once I'm signed in here, it can stay that way for months but I've been signed out twice tonight.

Nope, maybe your g'mnt is checking to see if you are in?

95f.gif

Has anybody being getting signed out recently?

Usually, once I'm signed in here, it can stay that way for months but I've been signed out twice tonight.
I’ve had that issue before. If I click a link going to “http://forums...” instead of “https://forums...”, it’ll log me out. That’s because the cookies are only assigned to the HTTPS version of the website.

Been a while since I’ve seen that issue, so Brian might’ve fixed it

Have ads been turned off? It now shows the users avatar that created said thread and title of the thread. I am on mobile if it makes a difference. I usually don’t want ads but I know it helps keep the lights on for the site.

I've found a new issue. This might be an EU problem.

There is a privacy button that always appears on mobile and it's right over the alerts button making it impossible to see alerts on mobile.

I'm still finding this to be a reoccurring problem. Is there any way to add a button near the first comment that will take you to the last? I know there's a button that will take you to the bottom of the page.

Have ads been turned off? It now shows the users avatar that created said thread and title of the thread. I am on mobile if it makes a difference. I usually don’t want ads but I know it helps keep the lights on for the site.

I know this is from a few months ago but I think Premium Members don't see ads.