Frozen Ever After | Page 74 | Inside Universal Forums

Frozen Ever After

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I imagine with it not being complete they didn't want to go crazy, but I also imagine if they had kept the media event they would have said more. I think they are just going to quietly open it. I also think that is what is happening with Kong. I think both parks are taking advantage of being able to cancel their media events for real reasons, because I think both parks needed more time to perfect their rides.
Yeah, I agree. I'm sure both parks are breathing a sigh of relief. Universal probably needs two to three more weeks with Kong before they get it running fairly reliable. And we have absolutely no idea on Frozen. Though that should be fairly easy since it's just a reskin of an existing attraction.

Yeah, I agree. I'm sure both parks are breathing a sigh of relief. Universal probably needs two to three more weeks with Kong before they get it running fairly reliable. And we have absolutely no idea on Frozen. Though that should be fairly easy since it's just a reskin of an existing attraction.

Agreed, it should be easy, other than I guess the original plans didn't match actual operations which is causing issues. We won't know anything until tomorrow when the first people ride. I will be riding on Friday most likely so I should hopefully have an update if someone else on here doesn't beat me to it.

Reactions: Mad Dog
I don't think any ride will change my life :lol:

But I am sure at this point they are all fed up with this ride and the press they have gotten with this ride.

Reactions: SeventyOne
I wouldn't be surprised. They've been having incredible troubles with it, mostly the show scenes. It's truly not ready, they just have been pushing the 21st come hell or high water because they don't want to miss another announced date.

Oh wow, this is gonna be fun tomorrow. This will be worse than ROL because at least with ROL there was no fast passes given out and no park hours changed. So people not in the know really weren't planning on that date. But this time people have fast passes in hand and it is just more than people that keep up with Disney news.

I wouldn't be surprised. They've been having incredible troubles with it, mostly the show scenes. It's truly not ready, they just have been pushing the 21st come hell or high water because they don't want to miss another announced date.

And they really haven't been pushing it either. It's going to open with a whimper.

I think we also need to remember that WDWNT loves to gossip. While I wouldn't be surprised as I said, there's no proof to the claims so we'll see tomorrow. I feel like it's likely to open with many breakdowns throughout the day, personally.

Reactions: martymcflyy85
This is a hoot! Sorry, but I enjoy watching the very capable and talented stumble every once in a while. It hits me funny. :)

Seems almost all the rides this year have stumbled a little except Mako. Seems to be the only one with no issues and hitting its target dates. Everything else is really struggling this year.

giphy.gif

Reactions: WolfmanJ
I think the ride will be fine with the biggest issues being the imposed limitations of reusing the ride system. I've seen this come up again so I want to say again that my hesitation with the attraction is that Frozen is decorated to Norway and has no actual roots with the country. It'd be if the mythical Africa pavilion had a show about African heritage then replaced it with The Lion King; sure it's set in Africa (and yes Frozen is set in a fictional country) but the creation and actual story has no relation to Africa.

The guy should have just said, "it's better than a hammer to the groin."
I think the ride will be fine with the biggest issues being the imposed limitations of reusing the ride system. I've seen this come up again so I want to say again that my hesitation with the attraction is that Frozen is decorated to Norway and has no actual roots with the country. It'd be if the mythical Africa pavilion had a show about African heritage then replaced it with The Lion King; sure it's set in Africa (and yes Frozen is set in a fictional country) but the creation and actual story has no relation to Africa.

That description of Lion King in Africa is still a better fit than Frozen in Norway.

Reactions: SkiBum