Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Frozen Ever After

I don't know if room was the issue. Didn't they build the exact same ride over in Shanghai too with plenty of space yet zero changes?
No, this is the only Frozen ride (so far).

Hong Kong has announced plans for a Frozen expansion though, which is essentially a clone of FEA. Tokyo has much grander plans for the IP once they get around to it.

FEA was down this afternoon and I'm not sure it ever re-opened. Is it usually down this often and for long periods of time?

Until they go FP+ only (which will suck!), I don't see them truly overcoming any capacity issues. Going FP+ only would just be a really convenient mask for the situation.

How long are the wait times for this ride? I won't make it at park opening but the park is open til 11pm. I wasn't able to grab a fast pass for Frozen or Soarin.

How long are the wait times for this ride? I won't make it at park opening but the park is open til 11pm. I wasn't able to grab a fast pass for Frozen or Soarin.
I found the line fastest right before the park closes when no more fast passes are coming in but I don't know if it would be worth it for you to go on it that late.

Make Frozen your last ride, and get in line about five minutes before park closing. We've only done it once, but we waited maybe twenty minutes to ride (posted was 75). For Soarin', just check throughout the day! It occasionally drops down to the 30-45 minute range, usually closer to park close.

Broken down again when we there on Saturday 8th
I've been checking the TP apps for my vacation to see if there is a trend, besides park closing, when you can get on it without a FP (I refuse to stand in long lines for anything. Universal hotel Express has me thoroughly spoiled). Anyway, it seems to break down sometime in the day nearly every day anymore.

This ride is very bad. I waited on it 15-20 min and by the time my family and I were done riding it, we all thought we should had been paid to ride it. A big guy sat on one side of the boat and the entire rode the boat was lopsided. Also, the ride itself was just bad.

This ride is very bad. I waited on it 15-20 min and by the time my family and I were done riding it, we all thought we should had been paid to ride it. A big guy sat on one side of the boat and the entire rode the boat was lopsided. Also, the ride itself was just bad.
The ride is certainly no marvel, but it's not bad either. It's mostly just pretty meh.

The ride is certainly no marvel, but it's not bad either. It's mostly just pretty meh.

It's frustrating to see such fantastic individual elements - in particular, the stunningly fluid, nimble animatronic figures - marred by poor staging necessitated by the crammed flume design. The only scene that truly "works," in my opinion, is the opening with walking Olaf and the troll school. After that the ride's concepts strain against practical realities.

It's frustrating to see such fantastic individual elements - in particular, the stunningly fluid, nimble animatronic figures - marred by poor staging necessitated by the crammed flume design. The only scene that truly "works," in my opinion, is the opening with walking Olaf and the troll school. After that the ride's concepts strain against practical realities.
Knowing the concept that Tokyo proposed not long after this was announced makes it even worse. Would've fit perfectly as a miniland in MK or DHS. The fact that they cheaply squeezed this into Maelstrom is truly frustrating when so many better things can be done with the IP.

I was impartial to the ride on my lone ride through for the most part. The Olaf AA definitely impressed me, but I definitely did not leave feeling I needed to ride again - so I haven't. It's been close to a year since I last rode it and I don't ever feel a need to ride it while i'm at Epcot.