Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Frozen Ever After

It probably deserved better than it got and I wonder if that’s all Disney are prepared to do with the IP unless Frozen 2 is a huge success.

I think it says a lot about Disney’s lack of confidence in their IPs and they don’t want a repeat of Test Track and Tron to happen again. They wait until success is proven before jumping on the bandwagon and by then it’s too late and they pull back on the scale.

As for the ride, like @Mad Dog said perfectly, I think it’s a solid addition and they done a great job with the space and ride system that was already there. I enjoyed it far more than I should have.
Same here. Much better than my expectations since I remembered how bad the second half of Maelstrom was. They are doing Frozen lands big time in some of the International parks in the near future though.

Didn't want to take the DCA Marvel thread off track so i'm quoting you here:
It seems like theme parks in general are figuring out that IP delivers more than rides. That's why Universal could get away with a bad F+F ride and Disney could get away with the Frozen boat ride.
The Frozen boat ride isn't actually all that bad. It's just terrible location and an underuse of a big property. If it were up to me, Arendelle would've been built where Animation Courtyard is at DHS. It would've gone like this:
  • Expanded version of FEA with Elsa's Castle actually being the facade
  • Matterhorn-type coaster through the mountains of Arendelle on the back of Kristoff and Sven's sleigh
  • Third ride in the same vein as Swirling Saucers (maybe themed to the trolls from the movie?).
  • Character dining experience
  • Gift shop: Wandering Oaken's Trading Post and Sauna
Would've seriously helped out DHS, been far more deserving of the franchise and would've kept Maelstrom (and also could've connected to RNRC). Obviously it's too late now unless they realize they made an oopsie, but what places like WDSP and TDS are going to receive are far better fits for the IP.

Didn't want to take the DCA Marvel thread off track so i'm quoting you here:

The Frozen boat ride isn't actually all that bad. It's just terrible location and an underuse of a big property. If it were up to me, Arendelle would've been built where Animation Courtyard is at DHS. It would've gone like this:
  • Expanded version of FEA with Elsa's Castle actually being the facade
  • Matterhorn-type coaster through the mountains of Arendelle on the back of Kristoff and Sven's sleigh
  • Third ride in the same vein as Swirling Saucers (maybe themed to the trolls from the movie?).
  • Character dining experience
  • Gift shop: Wandering Oaken's Trading Post and Sauna
Would've seriously helped out DHS, been far more deserving of the franchise and would've kept Maelstrom (and also could've connected to RNRC). Obviously it's too late now unless they realize they made an oopsie, but what places like WDSP and TDS are going to receive are far better fits for the IP.
I couldn’t agree with this more.

“Underutilized” is actually a much better word than “bad” to describe this.

Frozen (and F+F, but separate conversation) could’ve supported these large, immersive, expensive rides and lands. But, Disney didn’t feel the need. After all, you can advertise Frozen just as much with a boat ride or a giant E-Ticket. Frozen is the draw for guests, not the ride system.

I couldn’t agree with this more.

“Underutilized” is actually a much better word than “bad” to describe this.

Frozen (and F+F, but separate conversation) could’ve supported these large, immersive, expensive rides and lands. But, Disney didn’t feel the need. After all, you can advertise Frozen just as much with a boat ride or a giant E-Ticket. Frozen is the draw for guests, not the ride system.
The power of IP.

And now it’s being copy and pasted around the world.

I think the Hong Kong and Paris versions will be different to the Epcot ride, but thats my opinion.

Where they are guranteed to be different is they will have large expansive lands with plenty of places to explore, buy merch and have food. Those lands look pretty amazing and a fitting use of the Frozen IP.

It is a shame that they rushed this into Epcot.

Yup, there will be differences in the two new Frozen Ever After attractions. The conceit the same, but a different ride system and expanded footprint.

Tokyo's is of course completely unique and huge.

Frozen is overused IP anyway so I’m glad we don’t have a land dedicated to it the Epcot ride is enough. Now Moana is deserving of an attraction or mini land in the MK.