Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Fury325 - Carowinds

We passed this ride on the way back from Spring Formal...WOW it is huge. I'm assuming I'm one of the only people on here to have seen it in person as of now and let me just say pictures don't do this thing justice. It's pretty freakin incredible.

As a local to the area, it's size never ceases to amaze me! This ride looks like its going to be really sweet when it opens up this summer.

Speaking of which, when time gets closer LMK who all would be interested in coming up to visit for a day this summer!

I'm gonna try to go check this thing out this Summer

I'm gonna try to go check this thing out this Summer

Let me know when you're in town, maybe I can use my "Thrill Caster" benefits to get us express passes haha

But seriously, would love to grab a beer with you and ride some rides! I will be at the park every weekend probably!

Let me know when you're in town, maybe I can use my "Thrill Caster" benefits to get us express passes haha

But seriously, would love to grab a beer with you and ride some rides! I will be at the park every weekend probably!

If I try to make it out I'll be sure to shoot ya a line

Fury 325 has broken the internet! Lots of coverage national and worldwide!
[video=youtube_share;HfdROtaml6A]http://youtu.be/HfdROtaml6A[/video]

[video=youtube_share;zpdsdc3CZ-o]http://youtu.be/zpdsdc3CZ-o[/video]

[video=youtube_share;N4WlXXcc208]http://youtu.be/N4WlXXcc208[/video]

I'm lucky enough to be at media day so let the countdown begin!

If anyone is following this, Fury 325 is having media day on 3-25 and it should be open when the park opens this season on Saturday. I'm going next month or May hopefully. I can't wait to take before and after pics.

I'm gunna be going to carrowinds for the first time ever early May and possibly again late May and early August. How are the crowds early May? Are local schools out at the point?

The last day of school for Charlotte is June 11th and graduations are that weekend. York County Schools (SC side) last day is June 4th. You should be ok in May outside of Saturdays and Memorial Day weekend. Keep in mind that they are only open Fri-Sun the first 3 weeks of May. They open for daily Admission the last week (Memorial Day weekend). Be sure to check the parks website for hours. Here is the May calendar:

Beautiful coaster...the turquoise and light green track looks soo sexy...why we no have hyper in Florida?!?!

Because Busch/Seaworld/Blackstone made some poor choices to not have enough money for it? *sad rimshot*

Anyways, Fury 325 looks like a nice addition for the park. An' the reviews are pretty much what I expected, defintely a fun ride, better then CW's Leviathan and certainly a speed machine. (Admittedly not my personal type of coaster, but without a doubt it does what it was intended to do and it'll be a big crowd pleaser.)

Rode Fury 325 over the weekend. Holy cow what a good coaster. It's my favorite one that I have ever ridden. And the airtime on those last 3 hills are so good.

Oh, my friend. You're in for a treat! I live about an hour north of there and finally made it over last summer. I believe I rode it about 6 times in a row...Afterburn is incredible as well. Enjoy!

Thoughts on Intimidator? Also any other coaster worth riding outside of the B&M collection?