Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Future of Aquatica

They will price rickets that high because they can sell it in multi day packages given the current resort capacity. Universal's main parks can support at least 9 plus million a year given current demand. Their resorts are in high demand and the largest water parks get maybe 2+ million a year. Many of these guests will be sold the package with the water park. Add the other people and this park will be packed until they build a real third gate or numbers drop..
Yeah, I could see VB being closed to capacity pretty much daily for much of the year. They aren't going to want or need locals at Volcano Bay.

So, does anyone know more about Taumata being partially dismantled? I just checked the website and the ride is still listed, albeit saying down for maintenance. I wonder if they are changing something to the ride, or if there was something wrong with the drop. I know from past years that Taumata always is the one ride that seems to have the longest maintenance period.

Is Fun Spot still planning on adding a water park? That was the only thing I could see (short term) that could fill Wet N' Wild's niche.

So, does anyone know more about Taumata being partially dismantled? I just checked the website and the ride is still listed, albeit saying down for maintenance. I wonder if they are changing something to the ride, or if there was something wrong with the drop. I know from past years that Taumata always is the one ride that seems to have the longest maintenance period.
Screamscape is reporting today that is is down to have some hairline cracks repaired and giving it a fresh coat of Gel Coat.

Is Fun Spot still planning on adding a water park? That was the only thing I could see (short term) that could fill Wet N' Wild's niche.
Yes, they are planning to eventually add a waterpark. However, I believe that Aquatica will fill in Wet'n'Wild's niche as the lower-ish cost waterpark. I would expect a substantial expansion of multiperson thrill slides in the coming years for Aquatica.

SeaWorld Ambassadors will also be receiving the training with the goal of getting the theme park certified as well. With so many parents of autistic children looking for things to do where their kids can have fun but know they'll be OK, it's a great thing.

There's clearing on the last remaining undeveloped piece of land SeaWorld has next to Aquatica.

The rumor is they are relocating the exit road/employee entrance road. This piece of land was slated to be the site for SeaWorld's hotel, so I assume the moving of the road may be in preparation to actually build the hotel in the near future.