Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Future of Gate A/FoTL

Nov 23, 2013
Seattle, WA!
As someone curious in this; Universal Studios Hollywood has been the only one out of any park in the UPR family, that does not use the commonly seen option of fast-queues for their library; Universal Express.

To ask this, as with changes coming as Karen Irwin takes over; could Gate A be eventually phased out and that Express takes it's place? I would personally think, on a Sense route; they would, as it would streamline the Fast-Queue method's seen at Orlando, Osaka, Singapore, and most likely at the Beijing park that will be opening in 2020.

So, to those from Hollywood; would you want to see Express take over FoTL/Gate A? to those who have used it for Orlando, Osaka and Singapore; what have been some of your experiences that makes you think towards or against it? Comment below!

What's the difference between the two?

I always assumed Front of the Line was exactly like Express, just with a different name.

One of the key differences, at least in the Express you can get if you stay on the premium hotels, is that the Express pass is unlimited. Meaning you can go on FJ as many times as you want, instead of one time.

I don't recall off hand if there is a "ride one time a day" cheaper Express option.

I will casually observe that it appears there's already quite a few guests in the park that get Gate A passes, so if they became unlimited use, I would worry a bit that those lines would get pretty long.

One of the key differences, at least in the Express you can get if you stay on the premium hotels, is that the Express pass is unlimited. Meaning you can go on FJ as many times as you want, instead of one time.

I don't recall off hand if there is a "ride one time a day" cheaper Express option.

I will casually observe that it appears there's already quite a few guests in the park that get Gate A passes, so if they became unlimited use, I would worry a bit that those lines would get pretty long.

And that, for Hollywood; there is only one type of the Front of the Line that is for one time use only (unless if you go all in to the VIP Experience).

As for express, it seems to have more of a scenario to where there is no one time version; and that the Express option has multiple different options altogether for the two parks for Orlando. Otherwise, Osaka has a very different way of handling it; with some attractions locked to the particular express pass you choose for the day(s) you go to the park.

And as for Singapore, there are two options. One being of one time use for participating attractions, and the other being unlimited for participating attractions.

And that, for Hollywood; there is only one type of the Front of the Line that is for one time use only (unless if you go all in to the VIP Experience).

As for express, it seems to have more of a scenario to where there is no one time version; and that the Express option has multiple different options altogether for the two parks for Orlando. Otherwise, Osaka has a very different way of handling it; with some attractions locked to the particular express pass you choose for the day(s) you go to the park.

And as for Singapore, there are two options. One being of one time use for participating attractions, and the other being unlimited for participating attractions.

Osaka is like the e-ticket system the original disneyland had. You get the main headliner and then choose one from the other ticket levels. And at very different price points (express for certain attractions is cheaper).

Universal Studios Hollywood most likely would go with what Orlando has.