Future of Jurassic Park (IOA) | Inside Universal Forums

Future of Jurassic Park (IOA)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

GA-MBIT

Platinum Member
Jun 16, 2017
Isle Delfino
I wanted to bring up something fun I saw around the land on my last visit, and saw that the only two remotely active threads about JP at USF were the Velocicoaster and JPRA threads. While those work for most discussions, I think with the newly refreshed Discovery Center, all of Camp Jurassic including Pterodon Flyers, the Raptor Encounter meet & greet, multiple dining spots, and the constantly looming topic of a Jurassic World retheme to the whole land, I feel like there is a good bit more to talk about than just the upkeep of the two headlining attractions.

I titled it "Future of" mostly just to keep it in line with other threads around IU like Toon Lagoon, Dinoland, etc. Mods, feel free to change it if felt neccesary.

Anyways, the thing I actually wanted to talk about! There was some talk somewhere that the Triceratops Meet & Greet in the Discovery Center was going away, which was unfortunate to hear. I was walking to Thunder Falls yesterday when I ran into a Dino Zookeeper holding a Juvenile Velociraptor and talking to a few young kids. I believe the little ones might've even been allowed to pet the young raptor! It was just outside the Discovery Center near one of the new Paddock walls from Velocicoaster, and I thought it was a really fun thing to see! Especially for little ones too spooked to enter the full-scale Raptor Encounter next door! It's nice to see that even if the Baby Trike meet & greet is temporarily out, they still have something very similar out in the land itself!

I am going to guess that If IOA's Jurassic Park area were to get a revamp at some point down the line, it will be based on whatever current iteration of the Jurassic franchise is at the time. As for what that will be, I have no idea.

I believe the baby raptor is new for IOA, we had it introduced with the Jurassic World conversion in Hollywood. This is the first time I've seen it mentioned for Orlando, especially since people were mourning the loss of the baby Trike.

It'd be nice if they could add the full-size Triceratops meet-n-greet like Hollywood, it'd sort've bring the land back full circle to honor the former Triceratops Encounter.

Something that always bothered the crap out of me when working at Jurassic World was that they missed the mark on calling the redesigned play area "Camp Cretaceous". Although, I did get a chance to chat with some of the higher-ups back then & at the time, there were plans to rename it after the animated series. Unfortunately that failed to happen.

It'd be great if Camp Jurassic got renamed "Cretaceous". The only thing I'd wish to see changed in that section is replace Pteranodon Flyers with a version everyone can ride (but that's been a complaint for years)

Something that always bothered the crap out of me when working at Jurassic World was that they missed the mark on calling the redesigned play area "Camp Cretaceous". Although, I did get a chance to chat with some of the higher-ups back then & at the time, there were plans to rename it after the animated series. Unfortunately that failed to happen.

It'd be great if Camp Jurassic got renamed "Cretaceous". The only thing I'd wish to see changed in that section is replace Pteranodon Flyers with a version everyone can ride (but that's been a complaint for years)
With the popularity of the series I am surprised they didn't change the name. It would appeal to the age group that area is for. As for Flyers, I assume the reason they have the limit is to help capacity. I will say my son and daughter love that they get to ride it and it is for them. Growing up they get told a lot they are too short for X ride and for once the adults are too tall and their sister is too tall is something they like.

Reactions: GA-MBIT
Is this the same baby raptor that alternates meet and greets with Blue, or is it different somehow?

It's great to see that they're still making additions to this land. Whether it be JP or JW, it seems that the property is here to stay for the long haul!

Reactions: GA-MBIT
Considering that Pizza Predattoria is only open for lunch (and rather unpopular)... can we just convert it into Isla NuBAR? Watering Hole is popular, now imagine an actual well-themed bar along the lines of Trader Sam's. IOA has more than enough quick service capacity to sustain the closure of multiple QSR locations.

Considering that Pizza Predattoria is only open for lunch (and rather unpopular)... can we just convert it into Isla NuBAR? Watering Hole is popular, now imagine an actual well-themed bar along the lines of Trader Sam's. IOA has more than enough quick service capacity to sustain the closure of multiple QSR locations.
Would love it if they made an equivalent of Duff Gardens somewhere in Jurassic. I feel like Islands could use a big outdoor bar like that.

Considering that Pizza Predattoria is only open for lunch (and rather unpopular)...
It wasn't always like that. Back in the early years of IOA, if I remember correctly, it was Pizza Hut personal pans. And popular. But...
Animated GIF

• Wow
Reactions: TheCodeMan95
I believe the baby raptor is new for IOA, we had it introduced with the Jurassic World conversion in Hollywood. This is the first time I've seen it mentioned for Orlando, especially since people were mourning the loss of the baby Trike.

Would love if someone could get pictures of the baby raptor puppet so we can verify whether it's the same as Hollywood's. That would represent a major upgrade over the old Triceratop baby.

This is from the Raptor Encounter a few years ago.

IMG_6389.JPG

Okay, thank you!

I was trying to remember when they started alternating it with the Blue M&G and I couldn’t recall nor find photo evidence.

It’s great that they alternate the baby and Blue for the meet and greet, though obviously Blue is still the better of the two to see.

Actually... My mistake. I thought this was from the VC media day but it wasn't. It's from parks reopening in 2020. So a year older... Sorry!

That "handler's" face mask drives me bonkers because it so does NOT match his outfit. It's a theme killer for me :lol:
Exposed sightlines are the theme killer.
They are the exposed warehouse that bring total obliteration (to my immersion).
I will permit them to pass over me and through me.
And when they have gone, I will turn the inner eye of my imagination towards the on-stage path.
Where the sightlines have gone there will be nothing.
Only my joy will remain.

EDIT: Guys this is a Dune reference.

Last edited:
I would love if they re-did the Visitors Center and designed it to look like Jurassic World's Samsung Innovation Center. I just love how it looks, it's towering and neat! And would blend in with the Velocicoaster well.
And ofcourse just giving the River Adventure an overhaul. Add in a shattered Gyropshere with some smoke coming out of it.
Add some dilophosauru sounds and something to shake the bushes. (Can't remember if the original ride has that).
Add some more scenery to resemble the jungle cruise from JW. And some new Dinosaurs we haven't had on the ride.
Maybe add a aviary some off to the side and have a shattered hole in it and put an animatronic pterodactyl or dimorphodon.

I'd really love them to bring over the Mososaur section where you see it swimming and it slams into the glass. But not sure if they have the space for that to do.

Hell, rebuild the area right before the ride climb and have it resemble the back stage area where Claire stood with the flare to lure the T-Rex out in the film. Have a BIG gate door slowly open with red flares and all you see on the other side is darkness and a T-Rex growling and staring.

I would love if they re-did the Visitors Center and designed it to look like Jurassic World's Samsung Innovation Center. I just love how it looks, it's towering and neat! And would blend in with the Velocicoaster well.
Visitors Center is just fine on the exterior, the inside definitely needs a face-lift
Add in a shattered Gyropshere with some smoke coming out of it.
It makes no sense in the Hollywood JWRA, it's just there as "we have this prop from the movie. Let's throw it in"
Add some dilophosauru sounds and something to shake the bushes. (Can't remember if the original ride has that).
Raptors shake the bushes as soon as the boat enters the "Raptor Containment Area" & the ride already has at least two Dilophosaurs
And some new Dinosaurs we haven't had on the ride.
additional dinos have to fit the story narrative, not just added for no reason other than to have more.
Maybe add a aviary some off to the side and have a shattered hole in it and put an animatronic pterodactyl or dimorphodon.
JPRA was originally supposed to have an aviary segment, but was budget cut. When it appeared in JW, I had hoped it would've made it into the Hollywood JW redo.
I'd really love them to bring over the Mososaur section where you see it swimming and it slams into the glass. But not sure if they have the space for that to do.
They have the space. But it's not that exciting & is poorly executed. It also doesn't do the "changes with day, night, weather" gimmick they promoted (according to one of the tech people, apparently one of the sensors is blocked by an existing street light). Also you're wanting to eliminate a dramatic physical animatronic dinosaur moment for a.... screen.
Hell, rebuild the area right before the ride climb and have it resemble the back stage area where Claire stood with the flare to lure the T-Rex out in the film. Have a BIG gate door slowly open with red flares and all you see on the other side is darkness and a T-Rex growling and staring.
The ride already features a "backstage area" technically. But adding a t-rex moment like that wouldn't make any sense story wise. It'd also negatively affect the T-Rex's dramatic appearance inside the show building.

Hollywood shoved a "busted open" Indominus Rex gate into the ride & its... meh. Fun to walk through, but otherwise just exists.